Just got an e-mail... thought I would share

by pr_capone 20 Replies latest jw friends

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 11:27 PM
    Subject: A genuine psychological test... Dare to do it?

It is a story about a girl.....
    While at the funeral of her own mother, she met this guy whom she did
    not know.

She thought this guy was amazing, so much her dream guy she believed him
    to be, that she fell in love with him there and then. A few days later the
    girl killed her own sister.

Question:

What is her motive in killing her sister?

DON'T Scroll down until you have thought what your own answer is to this
    question!!!!!

No trick answers here ... Just Be Honest.)

She was hoping that the guy would appear at the funeral again.
    If you answered this correctly, you think like a psychopath.
    This was designed by a famous American psychologist used to test if one
    has the same mentality as a killer.
    Many arrested serial killers took part in this test and answered it
    correctly.

If you didn't answer correctly - good for you.

If your friends hit the jackpot, may I suggest that you keep your
    distance.

P.S. If you got the answer correct, please let me know so I can take you
    off my mailing list.

• funkyderek
  • pr_capone
    pr_capone

I'm quite sure its not real, I found it amusing so I thought I would share.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I have never been part of any forum before with so many users so ready and willing to prove something that is posted as a hoax.

Especially when its meant as something humerous.

Eric

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

It goes with the territory, pr. Personally, I react to lies masquerading as truth wherever I see them. What you posted was presented as " a genuine psychological test" that was "designed by a famous American psychologist used to test if one
    has the same mentality as a killer", not as a joke. OK, the vast majority of people would see through it but some people will believe anything. As a joke, it's just not very funny.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I'm on my last post for some time now so I wont be able to reply again but would it have made it less bothersome to you had I added a "- fluff" or "- joke" to the title?

If so, I apologize that I didnt do so. If I had the ability to edit the original post I would do so just for you.

It was meant as something funny, its rather obvious that it is not real. I hope you realize that my intent was not to masquerade the truth from you with such a blatant lie.

I will try to be more careful, for your benefit, in the future funkyderek.

Eric

• patio34
    patio34

No offense, prcapone, but I'm with Derek on this.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I dont know about how research worthy it was :) but it made me go OOOHHHHH!!! When I read the answer and right away was grateful that I didnt answer it right. :) Some people are leetle more sensitive than others is all. I got it.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

It was meant as something funny, its rather obvious that it is not real. I hope you realize that my intent was not to masquerade the truth from you with such a blatant lie.

I realise that. I just have somethng of a compulsion to point out when things aren't true. It was obvious to me that it was a joke or a hoax, but may not be so to everyone. It's also part of a phenomenon I hate, the embellishment of jokes and anecdotes with information designed to fool the reader. It's not a genuine psychological test. The first person to say that it was was a liar. That lie has spread all over the world. What you posted is a pretty harmless strain of a "mind virus". Most people won't take it too seriously, but some similar lies are more dangerous (mainly because they look more like the truth). People don't check the source, they just repeat them until it becomes "a well-known fact".

• patio34
    patio34

Good points Derek. Humor shouldn't have to masquerade as fact. I didn't get it at first and didn't appreciate being duped. I always check out such emails, especially the ones who could make people alter their lifestyle or feel bad about themselves.

This is practical joke kind of humor designed to make people feel foolish that I don't enjoy.

Pat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit