Cults and extreme belief

by Butyoucanneverleave 16 Replies latest social current

• Butyoucanneverleave
    Butyoucanneverleave

A&E has a new show this season called Cults and Extreme Belief. The second episode will air on 5/29 at 9:00 pm and Jehovah's Witnesses will be featured. Hopefully they do a good job exposing them for what they really are.

Who's the poster on here that says "Let's review. It's a cult."

• arwen
    arwen

Let’s let others know about this.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

And JWs will cry "apostate driven lies" and "persecution" when that show gets aired....

Yet, they will scoff and mock at all the other groups or faiths being exposed as ridiculous cults! But somehow they will not apply the same critical eye when the parts about JWs come on....

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

"Who's the poster on here that says 'Let's review. It's a cult.'"

That would be the illustrious @jp1692.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Wakemeup: Who's the poster on here that says 'Let's review. It's a cult.'"
    That would be the illustrious @jp1692

Actually, that would be Oubilette that used to post here. He is the original poster who coined that phrase, I believe.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@OrphanCrow... Do you believe in reincarnation?

I'll wait for the penny to drop ;).

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

going to set my dvr right now, at my age I tend to forget this kind of info till after its over, then remember.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

n Cults and Extreme Belief, Elizabeth Vargas, alongside former members of controversial organizations, goes on a search to uncover how these sects use their influence to prey upon people’s desperation to create powerful and often destructive belief systems. Each episode will take an immersive look at one currently active group through the eyes of past devotees and get perspective from believers and leaders that are still inside.

Just got this quote from A&E web site and sad to say it will be from former members, so any current JW will just blame apostates for their lies on this show. Its worth a watch though.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

JWs would have a cop out no matter what. Who cares what they think. They have had over a century to control the narrative. It's our time now. This sounds awesome.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Ten bucks says a lot of rank-and-filers watch this on the down low. :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit