June 1,2001 WT Who Has Gods Backing?

by ISP 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisca
    Prisca

ISP - I was thinking these same things when I looked at this article. I'm so glad I don't have to go to the meetings and take in this nonsense!

dmouse - great points from you too!

• ISP
    ISP

Oh………by the way this was how the article finished.

'Millions of people throughout the world have evaluated the facts and have become convinced that Jehovah’s Witnesses alone are practicing the true religion. They have reached this conclusion on the basis of what Jehovah’s Witnesses teach and how they conduct themselves, as well as on the basis of the benefits their religion has brought. (Isaiah 48:17) Millions are, in effect, saying, as foretold at Zechariah 8:23: “We will go with you people, for we have heard that God is with you people.”

Is it presumptuous of Jehovah’s Witnesses to point out that they alone have God’s backing? Actually, no more so than when the Israelites in Egypt claimed to have God’ s backing in spite of the Egyptians’ belief, or when first-century Christians
    claimed to have God’s backing to the exclusion, of Jewish religionists. The facts speak for themselves. In 235 lands Jehovah’s Witnesses are doing the work Jesus foretold that his true followers would be doing in the time of the end “This good news of the kingdom will he preached ‘in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come —Matthew 24:14.

18 Jehovah’s Witnesses will continue to carry out this commission, never allowing persecution or opposition to impede their activity. Jehovah’s work must and will be done. Every attempt others have made during the past century to hinder the Witnesses from accomplishing God’s work has ended in ultimate failure, for Jehovah promised: “Any weapon whatever that will be formed against you will have no success, and any tongue at all that
    will rise up against you in the judgment you will condemn. This is the hereditary possession of the servants of Jehovah, and their righteousness is from me.”—lsaiah 54:17.
    That Jehovah’s Witnesses are stronger and more active now than ever before—and this in the face of worldwide opposition—is proof that Jehovah finds pleasure in what they are doing. King David said: “By this I do know that you have found delight in me, because my enemy does not shout in triumph over me.” (Psalm 41:11; 56:9, 11) Never will Gods enemies be able to shout in triumph over Jehovah’s people, for their Leader, Jesus Christ, is moving ahead to final victory!'

(end of quote)
    BTW the millions worldwide that ‘evaluated the facts’ etc. are the JWs themselves so it hardly counts for anything! A good number are probably figuring out how they got into it all and trying to get out best way they can! However the main proof of God backing the WTS is the preaching work. But there is no mention of what an utter shambles the preaching work has been over the years. The WTS has cried ‘Wolf!’ so many times in proclaiming the ‘end’ in 1914, 1925 and 1975. Throughout the ‘generation’ teaching was falsely propagated until its ‘clarification’ in 1995 to its now present form of nonsense. Other countless erroneous stuff has been preached over the years that it makes you wonder what the preaching work DOES PROVE! It PROVES that these people haven’t a clue what they are on about. It hardly makes you think GOD has been backing it! So far as the JWs being ‘stronger and more active now than ever before’ ………this has to be wishful thinking!

ISP

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

IMO, John 13:35 is proof of why they are not an organization with God's backing. If you want to tout an identifying mark, then you better apply it!!
    TW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit