Do You Trust Anyone???

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Can you trust anyone or anything now?

• shera
    shera

Hi minimus,

I'm not as trusting as I used to be.I was very niave when I became involved with the JW"s.

I'm sorry to say when it comes to authority figures in religion..I look at many of them..thinking are they perverts...would they hurt people who have been hurt within their faith?

Not too offend,but I have a hard time trusting men..."sorrie all you sweet wonderful men who never hurt a soul."But I have been hurt once too many by men who I thought I could trust.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Personally, I tend to be pretty skeptical of most people and even more so of their motives. Hey, I spent way to much time being used and getting walked on. I may be a sucker for a sob story or many other things...but I'm not so stupid that I haven't learned from my mistakes.

Ern

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Do I wish I could YES!Do I no, to jaded although I try I now am in the world of reality and frankly it sucks

• Wolfy
    Wolfy

I am pretty jaded when it comes to trusting people. I can count on one hand the people I trust. Quite a difference from my naive days growing up a JW..

Wolfy

• Robdar
    Robdar

I have learned that you have to observe and examine your friends and expect no more out of them than they can give. Just because you can't trust them in one way doesn't mean that you can't trust them in other ways. The trick is to figure out what ways they are trustworthy and trust them with those matters only.

Robyn

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

No, I don't completely trust anyone. I trust my husband, but I still have niggling doubts about things sometimes. I am very cynical, pessimistic, and jaded.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I used to trust just about anyone, for most of my life - looking for the good in people.

Then we met jws who, like many people in our lives, were in a position to have an affect on our quality of life at a particular time.

That was about three years ago - we’re starting to trust people again, but if we suspect they are jws, we generally assume the very worst for starters and contain any exposure.

This may sound like quite a judgement call, but anyway, I didn't know that such evil people lived in regular neighborhoods, looking sort of normal. I've lived among hippies, bikies, drug dealers, prostitutes and thugs - but nobody like that.

paduan

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I unfortunately do not trust anyone other than my best friend. The only reason I trust him is because we have been through SO much together.

I do not share my most personal feelings with others simply because every single time I have done so, this info has been used against me.

I hope to someday be able to trust people again.

• obiwan
    obiwan

I used to, not anymore I'm extremly sceptical of just about anyone.They can get so close and that's about it before they hit my walls.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit