Extreme emotions re today's watchtower

by Tornintwo 49 Replies latest jw friends

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

@Alive!

One Saturday afternoon, I arrived at a relative's home - I was to stay for the weekend.
    They were visibly upset - and after an hour or so, I found out why.
    They showed me a tract that had been delivered that morning - one of those 'bold and hard hitting' messages that the FDS had cobbled together, damning all false religion, depicted by macabre illustrations. My relative, a very peaceful athiest, was shaking.

Is this the one?

[False Religion..]

▪ TOLERATES IMMORAL SEX: In Western lands, church groups ordain gay and lesbian members of the clergy and urge governments to recognize same-sex marriages.

In a sudden, shocking move, the world’s political powers will turn on false religion and completely destroy her!

Yes, God will call false religion to account for all the despicable acts she has committed in his name. In a stroke of perfect justice, he will use her political paramours as his instrument of execution.

What must you do if you do not want to share the fate of false religion? “Get out of her, my people,” urges God’s messenger. (Revelation 18:4)

Indeed, now is the time to flee from false religion! But to where can you flee? Not into atheism, since its future is also bleak. (2 Thessalonians 1:6-9) The only haven is within true religion. How can you identify true religion?

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102006290

I shared in that tract campaign. I feel ashamed at how much distress that I may have caused..

• Half banana
    Half banana

Tornintwo, I’m with you, it is NAUSEATING. As Defender quotes from the emotionally charged Watchtower study, when they talk of the worldly contamination with the “scarlet coloured wild beast” they seem conscious of their own grave misdeeds shown in the exposure of their secret amorous liaison with the UN.

I think we are seeing the early stages of self realisation by the GB that they cannot forever ply their form of religious slavery. I see signs in the Watchtower study that they are projecting their own worst failings like a reckless renegade knowing that their come-uppance is imminent. Then they fall back with talk of the “anointed” as if in their privileged ivory tower they act as if they are above all worldly care and criticism, they feel empowered to dictate to the drones exactly what they should be doing and thinking regardless of the feelings of the flock.

Nobody (except the ex JW community) exerts a check on the activity and words of the GB...they think they are demi-gods now... but by going so high, soon they will realise how they have so much further to fall.

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

Great comments everyone...

Blondie, I agree that the more compassionate jws shut their minds to the reality of what their religion really teaches, I did so for 20 years, I've heard people say things like 'Rahab got her family for her faithfulness', 'Jehovah is the judge' etc. which is all very well but what is the actual official teaching? It is that you have to be associated with the congregation of Jw 'true believers' in order to survive and you have NO chance if your not (tell that to the population of Sudan). And there are quite a few JWs I know who relish that, like fmf said, making derogatory remarks when people don't respond in the ministry. I used to comfort myself with the thought that 'a vast mixed company' left Egypt with the Israelites, well today's wt confirms it 'we will not see a mass conversion....'

It's so hypocritical the way they counsel every now and then about how we should not judge others, that we should see the rafter in our own eye etc etc, but they only ever apply that to fellow jws, what they don't admit is that all witnesses are taught from young kids to judge and look down on non witnesses as 'Worldly', misled by satan and prime for adverse judgement.

For me the stats say it all, compare population growth to witness growth (it's about 700 baptized a day, to population growth (net of death) of 220,000 per day) and see how many extra children they say Jehovah has to destroy for every day that he shows 'patience'.

• username
    username

Note how many statements in that tract are now biting the watchtower up the arse.

Karma is a bitch!

• Alive!
    Alive!

Yes, I think that may have been the tract DOTT.

Thank you!

i think inside or overleaf it made some daft comments by a Jewish POWW2 .. Anyway, it was badly worded.

You know, like others here I put faith in that ultimately everyone who wasn't truly wicked at the time of Armageddon would turn to Jehovah. My poor mind was tortured with the flip flopping between 'Jehovah will judge the hearts' - spoken in a positive and hopeful way - through to 'it will be too late, the doors of the ark will be shut'.

• Alive!
    Alive!

Re derogatory remarks when people declined our mags etc - let's not forget the global tradition of having dibs on outstanding properties!!!

Used to make my blood boil - they chortled away when someone said they'd leave their songbook in the letterbox - such Christian hearts!!!

• brandnew
    brandnew
    There is no destruction, no end, and no dumbassed going to heaven cuz they want power......life happens, goes on.....then ends. Thats it!!!! Enjoy it while you have it!!!!! K bye ☺
  • wannaexit
    wannaexit
    I was at the meeting today. A lot of fear mongering going on. But I have to say that I was looking around during this watchtower study, to see the dubs expressions, and for the most part ,everyone seemed unruffled. Saw one sister, vigorously texting. I believe most tune this stuff out. Most looked uninterested and few put their hands up to comment.
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    @wannaexit.......DITTO......same here......i take pops....i listen, and look around.......nobodys interested..😂 is'nt it so funny? And actually GREAT!!!!!!!!! like tony the tiger.
  • Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

Awful study. Made my blood boil as well. Our conductor cracked a joke about the "goats".

" what will the goats say when they realize they are gonna die "

"this is baaahhhd" (imagine the sound a goat makes) I couldn't believe it Everyone was chuckling discussing kids dying Awful. I hate this damn cult

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit