JW's and deciding which PAGAN traditions to follow or not to follow. Merry Christmas all!!

by goingthruthemotions 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

* First I would like to say.....I apologize to my son's everyday for getting them involved in this cult because i took so much from them as far as celebrating holidays go. They are now 22 and 17 great kids. they Want nothing to do with the cult.

*My PIMI wife is awesome, but sucks when she is in cult mode.

* I have told my wife many times that the witness pick and choose which pagan traditions to follow. i.e:

* It's ok to shave your beard, when in reality it's a pagan tradition to shave ones beard

* it's ok to have a pinata, when in reality it's pagan

* every day of the week is named after a pagan god, as well as the months. so every time they

say a day or month. they are honoring that god.

* even saying AMEN has it's roots in paganism

* I could go on and on. and feel free to add to the pagan list

*But reality is, the cult takes away Christmas, birthdays and more well know holidays because it's away to separate families and have mind control. that is why so many stuck in witness are what i consider blinded in the mind.

* My son's are free from the cult. was it worth the pain and struggle at the time to get them out? YES

* I do my best not to bring up anything about the cult to my wife. I just do my best to show her how much I love her everyday. I hope one day she wakes up. but i am not holding my breath and keep living for my son's and life and to have my best life ever (pun intended)

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEARS ALL

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I love being the parent of a young adult boy. He's in college so I'm trying to back off and let him figure out classes, applications, term papers and projects.

I listen to problems, sympathize, and only step in when I have to. It's a letting go type of parenting. And the point is the launch into independence!

I'm working on the financial literacy part of life now. The kid works summers and one day a week during school and he wants to buy a used car. So, the parenting still is going on, just different.

You are doing great with your own boys. Keep loving them unconditionally!

And a merry Christmas to you too!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Yes. And Merry Christmas to all too.

Rejecting Xmas, New Years, Mothers/Fathers Day, Birthdays. etc....& Thanksgiving....all very pleasant and joyous holidays, IS nothing more than an isolation technique to keep JW's mind off of those things and to keep focusing on the Borg and it's importance. Think of it. All the JW's ever talk about is the Borg/organization.

Nah. The Borg can't have it's sheeple focusing on anything but the Borg.

Just an isolation, mind control technique. OH, and last but not least, the money too, keep the money going toward 'theocratic' activities, not some ''worldly''' holiday.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And even their annual wastefest in the spring is pagan. That "last supper" they celebrate as their memorial is in reality based on the Zodiac. Yet, they wouldn't directly touch astrology with a 10 meter pole.

As with Christmas being "pagan", yes it is. And so is the whole jesus fib. All based on the sun. (Except the sun makes no demands that we emulate it, opening the door to being slave trainees.) It all starts with the Solstice, and December 23 is the true Yule date. It ends with January 6. And, jokehovians have nothing to do with any of it. Yet, they pray in the name of jesus, when they would be better off praying in the name of the sun.

One thing I find really abominable is those hebrew letters found in the jokehovian bibles. Those letters were excused as "index points". They are, in fact, used in black magic against the whole human race (and is having its final manifestation with people owning nothing, not even their bodies, and the mandatory torture shots for this cold.) Yet, what if I were to utter a phrase that is basic magic (even though said phrase is common usage)? They would have a cow--yet they accept those ugly hebrew letters in their bibles, using such to enslave the world under communism.

Yet, after using those hebrew letters in the bibles, they ban something as innocuous and fun as worshiping the sun.

• SadElder
    SadElder

The dubs can come up with a scripture that they say applies anytime they want to demonize something or approve of something they want to teach or do.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

My take is they choose anything from blood to flag salute to 4th July to Christmas to create a controversy.

Right now the bible reading is going through the cleansing, shaving, sacrifices---substitute Egyptian for Israelites in the texts and they would call all it wierd pagan practices

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

JWs seem to keep enough trivial stuff around so they can claim to be normal when necessary.

And if they are supposed to be no part of the world why do they try so hard to look like worldly corporations and politicians? And now we are seeing even those folks wearing beards and dressing more casually will JWs follow suit? Pun intended.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

The whole demonization of normalized behavior is directly attributed to Rutherford and his hostile takeover the the Watchtower immediately following the death of Russell. There was a huge rift in the organization which caused there to be many splinter groups. Rutherford took the company and used the brand "Jehovah's Witnesses". The other went their way under other banners which some still exist today.

Rutherford wanted their to be a clear delineation between his group and the others. This is when being "no part of this world" became a call to seperate.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''The dubs can come up with a scripture that they say applies anytime they want to demonize something or approve of something they want to teach or do.''

True enough. They can cherry pick and apply scriptures to anything, anywhere and anytime to 'demonize' whatever they want,

I don't about you. But there is this youtube channel ExJWEldersWife Jane Doh that I watch. She does an excellent job at explaining this stuff. She elaborated one time how you can manipulate the Bible to say anything you want to control people, if you know what you're doing.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

All Bible believers, Christian or not, operate a Pick and Mix approach to how they practice their religion. So, it is a case of you " Pays your money and takes your Choice" for them.

Very hypocritical, and VERY annoying when they try to impose some of the things they have decided to pick , upon others of us ! All the while they are ignoring the rest of what is commanded in their Holy books.

A good book on this is by a Jewish guy who tried to do what was in the Title , i. e. " A Year of Living Biblically", he really couldn't do it, but he consulted many religions on this, including JW's, and concluded NOBODY could live in the modern world and live Biblically !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit