You MUST Sign the Data Collection Form "...obey...whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not.¨"

by gone for good 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MORPHEUS:

Regardless. I wouldn’t sign anything of theirs anyway!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Nor would i. I just hate the tinfoil hat crowd propagating the idea that the borg is keeping detailed filed on everyone including bowl movments and making a fortune off selling it. They arnt keeping anything more than the standard pub record card crap we all know about and they now legally obligated to get peoples consent.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MORPHEUS:

I agree, but this is going to put the spotlight on PIMOs and most faders still there. They are going to have to do a lot of fancy footwork and creative explaining if they don’t want to sign this CYA garbage.

I’m just glad I’m not there anymore.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Poppy cock. Thats all legal disclaimer and mumbo jumbo. The org dosent collect any of that. Notice all the uses of “may”. Again... relax. This is nothing.

Normally you and I are pretty well on the same page. However, in this case I wonder if the use of the word "may" is just as innocuous as every other use of "may" by WT where "may" and "should" become WT marching orders?

Of course I will admit that I am much more cautious than anyone else I personally know about loss of personal data, even to the point of shredding anything with my name on it that needs to go in the waste.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

_Morpheus ,

If I answer a speculative question in the future about something that the watchtower may do, and it sounds ominous and 1984ish I'll be sure to give a Tin Foil Hat Warning.

• sir82
    sir82

They arnt keeping anything more than the standard pub record card crap we all know about and they now legally obligated to get peoples consent.

For the most part, true.

But there is a lot of info required if you ever want to sign up for Bethel (full time or part time) or work on the LDC.

The Bethel questionnaire drills as far down as what health issues you have, whether you are on medication, etc.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    But there is a lot of info required if you ever want to sign up for Bethel (full time or part time) or work on the LDC.
    The Bethel questionnaire drills as far down as what health issues you have, whether you are on medication, etc.

Very true. Any of their so called special privileges get a bit more detailed than the pub record card, although pioneer and elder are just the two simple questions about ever being involved in child abuse. For the most part however the local congregation dosent keep any info beyond name, dob and address.

If I answer a speculative question in the future about something that the watchtower may do, and it sounds ominous and 1984ish I'll be sure to give a Tin Foil Hat Warning.

No need. I see them coming a mile away (tin foil is very reflective).

• gone for good
    gone for good

Judicial committees have destroyed thousands of families, ruined individuals lives, ended mutually beneficial relationships and led to suicides and untold heartbreak.

It´s all in JW/WT shared data - not exactly the equivalence of bowel regularity.

Law abiding people are having their freedoms and rights trampled without legal representation in amateur courts presided by unqualified elders .

Even when you refuse to participate - It´s still all recorded - names, dates. allegations, witnesses, and the life sentence activated by having your name read out .

Access to this kind of information is valuable if change (or justice) is ever going to come about..

signing away your rights to access is insane.

If you want to see how valuable your records really are - just try to get them and watch the stonewalling.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The instructions make clear that signing the form is not mandatory. I accept that it vwould put someone in a bad light and prevent them pioneering or being appointed a M/S but if you were PIMOyou would not want to .

If you do not have current record card you will not be asked.

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

But what about the prohibition on answering up where the meetings are streamed, wouldn't that mean any PIMOs would be silenced and stopped from saying anything? Isn't that almost like outing them publicly to the rest of the congregation?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit