You MUST Sign the Data Collection Form "...obey...whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not.¨"

by gone for good 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gone for good
    gone for good

The many and complex issues surrounding the collection of person data and new laws aiming to protect individuals control of their own privacy, seem to have hatched about the same time as the governing body expressed their hope that it´s own 8 million would obey their order to "sign this form" effectively transfering total authority over privacy and data issues over to the Borg.

What are your thoughts on this coincidence?

Zuckerberg lost BILLION$$ when people realized that he had prostituted their personal data and now WT wants the same signed access that he had to info that is $$$...

WT already owns all the real estate and now wants to own all the data...

It´s a current and global issue - please share your thought with the rest of us here.

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

So is this form that the WTBTS meant to be able suppress personal information of the pub should that pub be a child abuser?

Is the WTBTS doing this to actually say to the law they cannot hand over personal information due to the signing of this privacy info of a suspected abuser?

It would save the society from going bankrupt.... just a thought

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Is this something their trying to do in the USA as well or is it just a European thing to get around new laws being introduced there?

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

Does their small print give them the rights to sell the data on? They could earn alot that way

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Oh I'm sure they have big plans for the data, but, being the WT we'll never know what.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

It is really scary as a PIMO trying to wake my husband. They already have enough info on me from different sources. I'm pretty sure I've donated back in the day at watchtower.borg, and I know I did it on jw.borg up till a few years ago.

One way they could use it in the cong is to notice when your donations go down, and start shepherding. Of course, it would be all so very clandestine probably with the 'shepherds' getting word that your on-line self is becoming spiritually weak, and not knowing your donations went down. That would be for some other group of people. But maybe I am wrong and they couldn't do that?

If they sold the data it would be one of their corporations that the flock are not familiar with doing the selling. Or for that matter, that even most exjws are not familiar with. Then of course, there would need to be some tricky wording in the Data Form to be able to do that legally. Wait, these scumbags are the Kings of tricky wording.

Some Europeans on here were justifiably complaining about data protection here in the U.S. Even though I know very little it reminded me of my thought every time I get a data privacy notice or have to sign one to get something. I think: 'this is just covering their butt for when all data is stolen'. It is the opposite of a protection policy, it is a reminder to me that they have some of my data and I signed off that if it gets stolen I was aware that it could happen. I'm sure this is not exactly how it works, but that's my thoughts.

Since the U.S. sucks at data protection, imagine wt supposedly protecting data! They are way more incompetent than the U.S. gov. I think people would also get their identity stolen and never know it was WT that allowed it to be stolen.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Oh brother.... this is some real reaching. The borg dosent collect any valuable data. This is them cya’ing. Relax.

• Fay Dehr
    Fay Dehr

In the UK, only "IBSA" International Bible Students Association (setup in 1914 as the UK arm of Watchtower) is legally registered to store your data. Here's the UK government listing for IBSA: https://ico.org.uk/ESDWebPages/Entry/Z5281400

Interesting what they publish (don't hide) that they hold on individuals: (extracts from above link)

• We process information relevant to the above reasons/purposes. This may include:
    • personal details
    • family details
    • lifestyle and social circumstances
    • membership details
    • goods and services
    • financial details
    • education and employment details
    • visual images, personal appearance and behaviour

...and they even boldly admit:

We also process sensitive classes of information that may include:
      • physical or mental health details
      • racial or ethnic origin
      • religious or other beliefs of a similar nature
      • offences and alleged offences
      • criminal proceedings, outcomes and sentences
      • trade union membership

...and they already admit that they share that with basically whoever they like:

Where necessary or required we share information with:
      • members
      • family, associates or representatives of the person whose personal data we are processing
      • employees
      • current, past and prospective employers
      • healthcare, social and welfare organisations
      • providers of goods and services
      • educator and examining bodies
      • financial organisations
      • employment and recruitment agencies
      • survey and research organisations
      • business associates and professional advisers
      • police forces
      • local and central government
      • other companies in the same group as the data controller
      • other voluntary and charitable organisations

Can you imagine what dark data-world they'll now create once they get everyone to sign their new GDPR forms?

• carla
      carla
      • police forces-except for our pedophile friends, they get a free pass
    • _Morpheus
      _Morpheus

Poppy cock. Thats all legal disclaimer and mumbo jumbo. The org dosent collect any of that. Notice all the uses of “may”. Again... relax. This is nothing.

Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit