Message was from Jesus heart, / not heavy bookbag

by nojw86 14 Replies latest jw friends

• nojw86
    nojw86

Watching the JW in service sat, I noticed how heavy their bookbags, or minisrty bags were, even the ones some children were carrying. I said to myself how many books are needed for the simple mess. of the Good News? The bible should be of the most important. Well , they came over to me and asked if was interested in WT & A.So I said your bags are so heavy must be quite a few bibles in there,and then showed all thier books, whoa, did I carry all those too. SO I asked her did Jesus and his disciples have such a heavy load of ( preaching books) to use? I just got he look, no answer! nojw

• goo
    goo

The heavier your bag the more spiritual you are. goo

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

nojw86,

Did Jesus and his diciples have a car for preaching?

• nojw86
    nojw86

Fredhall, Anyone who expell demons, and raise people from the dead, could choose any mode of transportation they desired.Jesus was a footman. Like the pioneers of today are footmen takes longer to go where your going, likewise more field service hours. Jesus counted quality not quantity hours, funny lil habit the org started of counting hours......nojw

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Jesus didn't personally have a heavy book bag....we all know the reason he had so many disciples, was so that they could carry the heavy volumes of Hebrew scriptures with them silly!

Yours dig

Ordinary people just like you and me...
    We're the keepers of our destiny...

• Latte
    Latte

Nowj86,

***So I said your bags are so heavy must be quite a few bibles in there,and then showed all thier books, whoa, did I carry all those too. ***

An old friend of mine who's still a reg. pioneer damaged her back carrying such a heavy load. She always tried to carry a copy of EVERY publication 'just in case'.

Latte

• Moxy
    Moxy

actually i thought the trend was going towards smaller, less obtrusive cases. a lot now use attache cases, or portfolio sized bags that can be held under the arm. with the pocket bible and a jacket, u can actually be fully equipped without a bag at all. in buildings, thats the norm. no bags allowed. and even on the street, i think we are trying to look less obvious.

mox

• nojw86
    nojw86

Hi Moxy. so things have changed that much, no bags allowed in buildings, why if you can answer me. Why did it change after all these yrs? I have a KH on well a block or two away, and still see them with book bags, maybe its up to the individual to want change. Regards, nojw

• Latte
    Latte

Moxy,

It was quite some years that I worked in the ministry with this friend.............it seems that the damage is done.

I'm glad that the 'rules' on this have changed for the pioneers.

Latte

• Moxy
    Moxy
    Hi Moxy. so things have changed that much, no bags allowed in buildings, why if you can answer me. Why did it change after all these yrs? I have a KH on well a block or two away, and still see them
    with book bags, maybe its up to the individual to want change.

oh jeez nojw, this isnt like a doctrinal change or even a conscience matter, its just one of those trends. regarding buildings, maybe 'allowed' was too strong a word, i just meant that in urban territories ive noticed a lot of folks avoiding the bag when going into buildings. by buildings i mean apt territory where we usually have to 'sneak in', find a RV that lets us in or follow someone in the door. an obvious no-no in some buildings, depends on how lax the building is, u know, use your judgement. holding a book bag just makes it a lot harder. i dont know if this trend is nation-wide.

mox

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit