Blueblades Pacemaker Update.

by Charles Gillette 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Charles Gillette
    Charles Gillette

Well,to all who had wished me good health before I went for my procedure,thank you. 9/14 Pacemaker was inserted below my collarbone successfully.Check up will be 9/18.

So, since 2012 when I was 67,I had open heart surgery to replace my aortic valve with a bovine tissue valve. Now at 73, I have an implanted Pacemaker with two leads,one for the upper chamber, Right Atrium and one for the lower Right chamber,Ventricle of the heart.

So, my heart beats should now be steady and not in and out of AFIB.

Both of my brothers died of heart attacks. One at 55 and the other at 63. They were never Jehovah Witnesses.I served for 33 years,1969 until 2002 when I left and joined this site as Blueblades 16 years ago.

Again thanks for your kind support.You have helped me through this time.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Glad to hear your implant is working out. I had an aortic valve replaced some thirty years ago back in the day. It's still working and from age 43 to 75 have had my best years and counting.

All the bullshit clutter of the JW construct was dropped. Still married to my pioneer partner some 55 years she's the love of my life......we are way out of this child and woman abusing sick religion..........many new and old wonderful friends....a progressive viewpoint based on facts not BS and as many volunteer good deeds as possible.

• stillin
    stillin

Nice work, Charles! You took the bull by the horns and dealt with the situation! I can picture myself ignoring the signs until the day I die, thinking "it's just temporary."

live long and prosper!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

That's great news Blueblades! Rest up and recover, it sounds like you're doing well.

• carla
    carla

Glad to hear you are doing well!

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I am so glad to hear that, Charles.

Anybody able to tell me how they first got diagnosed with coronary trouble? Did you have to wait for an event that nearly killed you or is there screening?

My cholesterol is high which my doctors don't like, but I don't want to take cholesterol meds because of the side effects. And, well, I don't want to drop dead, either.

• Perry
    Perry

Glad the procedure went well blueblades! My mother had the same thing and it worked wonders for her. Did anyone ever tell you that you look a little like Elvis?

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Glad you are doing well :)

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Good to hear that it was a successful operation. It's stressful to have something so important as your heart, being erratic.

Enjoy your healthy beating heart.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I`m glad to hear everything is working out fine for you Charles Gillette { Blueblades Pacemaker }

Take care

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit