Husband puts off wifes funeral for Elders meeting

by Sangdigger 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• berylblue
    berylblue
    "She must have been doing something wrong and Jehovah's protection was lifted."

I am rather upset at how many Witnesses believe this. This is not, of course, their fault (except in the sense that they apparently never question or reason on what the elders or the WTS tells them) since it is drilled into their unreasoning little heads. (Again, made unable to analyze by constant devouring of WT literature).

Kind of OT, I remember a story given somewhere (talk? WT?) about some Witnesses who were going down the shore one day and how one brother declined and went in service, like he was supposed to, instead.

The "bad", non-service-oriented Witnesses were all killed in a car crash. The one who went out in service was not.

The point being....I don't have to tell you.

What ever happened to "time and unforeseen circumstances" or whatever it is?

Beryl

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

Just another way to get everyone to feel guilty for actually enjoying their miserable lives instead of slaving away for the man.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

This doesn't surprise me at all. Most Witnesses view the dead as being gone and their belief system mitigates grieving with the resurrection hope. So that the son would view his mother as better off, is not that surprising. Very little respect paid to the life lost and no celebration of the wonders that life held for so many people. Damn shame.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit