If the Watchtower corporation went bust

by Fred Franztone 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

What do you think would happen to Jehovah's Witnesses as a religion and as a people?

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Who knows who cares.

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

Those of us with family & friends in the religion care

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

if watchtower went bust it would probably be bought by the mormon church. 8 million extra bums on seats--thats a lot of contributions.

• pontoon
    pontoon

Speculation but here goes. 40 percent deeply tramatized, but would soon enjoy the freedom, 20 percent tries to keep things going as is, 10 percent form various spli ter groups, 30 percent walk away thinking that's enough of that shit.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Those of us with family & friends in the religion care

The question is not about family and friends, it's about the JWs. Furthermore, it's yet another unhealthy, escape from reality, unnecessary, never will happen what if that brings nothing positive to anyone.

Spend your time fostering a good relationship with your JW love ones instead of wasting time fantasizing.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Pontoon's speculation seems reasonable to me.

I think the answer depends on some other factors. Would there still be some kind of central command structure? In other words, would the GB still exist and be able to communicate in an organized manner with the rank and file? If not, I don't think the religion could survive because it is basically a cult with the GB as its leader.

Without command from that leader, elders in congregations would disagree with each other and with elders in other congregations and the whole thing would just be a mess and it wouldn't work as it does now.

I think a lot of people would finally see it for what it is. I think my relatives would. They seem to sense something is wrong now, but they won't allow themselves to dwell on their questions/doubts. With some kind of collapse, I think they would feel more free to explore them.

• pontoon
    pontoon

To add to my previous comment......6 months after the corporation breakup the dynamics/reaction many of the witnesses would have will be completely different than immediately after. Get past the shock and emotion thinking changes.

• kairos
    kairos

I always fear mass suicides of older ones that have been hanging on for decades.
    These are the ones that ignored there better judge from 1975 as adults or younger.
    They are already bitter and disgruntled.

They gave up almost every personal goal to slave for a corporation.
    "The time left remaining is short."
    Now they have to accept the overlapping generation.

Think about it.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

"never will happen"

I think you should read this website a bit more with all the cuts the watchtower have made since 2012 and are still making now at this moment in time the watchtower are giving all the signs of a group that is in big trouble.

In 2012 acording to the watchtower own website they sold of 20 branch headquaters around the world

These past years they have cut the number of magazines printed each year from 24 down to 6

The sold many of their propertys in new york off and are doing the same in london

and is spite of all the millions that must have given them they are still selling kingdom halls off

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit