5 Yr. Old Daughter Dies But Mom Still Aux. Pioneer

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• freedom96
    freedom96

It is too bad this mother had nothing else to do.

Perhaps though, she had no where else to go, no person to turn to. That, is sad. But at least she seems to have had that.

• minimus
    minimus

Remember, this happened decades ago. This woman will always be in spiritual la-la land. When she talks about such things, she speaks of the wonderful ressurection hope. She will never come to her senses. she is a "stepford sister". So don't even think that she'll ever change. She is a profile in courage to the congregation and to her family, and she loves it. When a recent Bible student who had just become a publisher told her of her internet findings, this sister couldn't fathom why her student would want to leave Jehovah and his wonderful organization....Personally, I can't stand this "sister".

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Your talking about a model 'robot' here. Why, even Jesus wept when he learned his friend Lazarus had died.

Guest 77

• minimus
    minimus

This woman, I'm sure wept, too. Her husband rarely talks about this child but when they do, both parents develop misty eyes. What I find truly incredible is the praise that the congregation gives for this type of behavior. Some may feel that they probably wouldn't have pioneered under such circumstances, but after hearing how this sister kept her word to Jehovah to auxillary pioneer, I'm sure many felt that they SHOULD feel the same way, too. ....Hence the vicious cycle.

• Jade
    Jade

That is so tragic, but I can relate . My mom is a regular pioneer and I had food poisoning once. I had been sick for twelve hours straight and couldn't even get out of bed. I was extremely dehydrated and called her up to get a prescription that my doctor called into the pharmacy. She said no problem. She showed up six hours laters and told me it was because she couldn't cancel her bible studies that day. Very warped.

• Shakita
    Shakita

This is so sad. Witness or not, to lose a child must be the most horrific thing that can ever happen to a parent. I have known many aux. pioneers and reg. pioneers who DID put their children first above meetings and service. I personally knew a woman who gave up pioneering because she decided to put her children first. The woman you mentioned is a very sad case of brainwashing to the extreme. They hold her up as an example of faithfulness and applaud her zealousness when she really needed a shoulder to cry on and some time to heal. You can not heal yourself when you are worrying about making the hour quota on your service slip. But, then again, maybe by keeping busy selling magazines and books it helped her cope with such a tragedy.

Mrs. Shakita

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Poor little child - I'm really sorry she died so young and was forgotten so quickly.

Stuffing real human emotions is a part of dub life. I know. I was part of it.

It's a Cult and real human emotions have no business in the business of a Cult.

Stuff your real emotions and trust in the Cult and God will take care of you denying your own humanity and sadness.

Sure, the Cult will. Yeah, sure they will.

Farkel

• minimus
    minimus

As in any business, all the company wants is productivity. They might offer you benefits such as sick time and 4 week vacations but really, they'd rather you work. Advertise, advertise, advertise!!! If that's not a BUSINESS slogan, nothing is. You got a cold or headache? You'll still feel the same at the meetings, service or at home. So get to work! You think you're gonna die? Well, you're not dead yet, are you? Preach in favorable or troublesome season. You say that your mother, father, spouse or child died? Get over it! Don't be a cry-baby. Now, get out in service! You say you're now depressed? Do more and you'll feel better. Don't be a slacker. How will Jehovah ever bless you? ...........And the beat goes on!

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I never thought I'd tell this story but Min's topic relates so much.

An elder we knew was married to his first cousin,(wait it gets better) not many knew the "closeness" of their relationship. They had five boys when I came into the "Truth", she had miscarried umpteen times. Her system and his were not compatible and she had constant yeast and urinary tract infections. In 1984 she was pregnant again with a child at times she was so ill she would crawl to make his meals. The lil jerk acted as if this was normal!!!!!

I still to this day don't understand with her complications throughout the pregnancy,( the amniotic fluid was toxic due to her system not expelling it like normal due to the infections) why the Dr. didn't deliver C-section as soon as the baby was viable. But he didn't(I assume they wanted to have it natural but I am not sure) The baby was a girl, she died in uetro in the 9th month. The sister felt her kick violently and then no more movement. She was in labor two days before she delieverd her stillborn.

They BROUGHT HER BODY HOME IN THEIR TRUNK, to "show the boys before we bury her". Everyone acted as if this was the most natural thing in the world. I was so upset and very pregnant at the time. I just wanted to throttle the grinning, smiling a** she was married to. He acted as if it was no big deal. And yes life went on as normal but I have been haunted ever since by his lack of sympathy, empathy and love!!! YIKES

• minimus
    minimus

Shelia, I know of a former elder that married his first cousin and it was quite hush-hush. They have a son and a daughter. The son appears to have some problems. (well, at least the mom doesn't pioneer).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit