Just filed my IRS taxes

by Elsewhere 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I just finished filing... at first I was excited about getting a $1,343.00 refund... then I remember that it was really nothing more than an interest free loan to the IRS.

Well, at least I have some extra cash to contribute to my IRA.

Edited by - Elsewhere on 15 February 2003 15:16:49

• Valis
    Valis

I'm getting all mine back this year too, except its already spent cuz I had to borrow money to pay bills this month, seeing how I didn't get paid at the end of January... else, did you efile?

Sincerely,

District Overtaxed

• Undecided
    Undecided

Will get a few hundred from the federal tax and then have to give it to the state. You just can't win. I hope it comes back in time to file the state tax.

Ken P.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yup... efiled... I've been doing that since 2000

I love it... I have the money deposited directly into my bank account.

• Francois
    Francois

Valis? Hello? You're getting ALL yours back? Every cent withheld? Nice. How'd you go about doing that?

f

• roybatty
    roybatty
    Yup... efiled... I've been doing that since 2000

I love it... I have the money deposited directly into my bank account.

e-filing is the only way to go. I just did mine, should have the money directly deposited into my account within 2-3 weeks.

• Valis
    Valis

Francois...I made a fair wage last year and I also paid off quite a bit of my student loan via garnishment of my pay...I declare it under an elcetive deferral and bingo! My adjusted gross falls far short the amount of tax they hit me with so for the past two years I've been shelling out $200 a month to pay off my loan its worked out great. I get it all back Next year though I will probably just break even..BTW I only owe $300 on the student loan and roughly $1300 on my motor...after that I will be debt free!..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• freedom96
    freedom96

I haven't had a tax refund in about 12 years.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Elsewhere, if you got back $1300 then just think about how much you DIDN'T get back!

I got back $1600 this year, out of almost $11,000. Meanwhile I know people getting back more than they paid in thanks to the EIC, which explains why I paid so much. Now if that isn't "voodoo economics" I don't know what is. Sorry folks, but that's gotta stop. It's taking tax revenue and giving it to people who don't even pay taxes!

Mike of the "tax the poor" class.

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

You know elsewhere if you don't want to give the IRS a interest free loan you can always increase your dependents or a couple times a year ask your employer not to withhold federal or state taxes out of your ck. That way you get the money during the year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit