Ever Had an Accurate Horoscope?

by Robdar 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

Have you ever had a horoscope be so accurate that it gave you goosebumps? Here lately they have all been hitting close to home. Today's was particularly right on. Is it demonz?

Here is your horoscope
    for Saturday, February 15:
    People are unusually sensitive this weekend. Be sure to wear a helmet when butting heads. At this rate, it may be a long time before anyone surrenders.

What about you? Have you ever had one so accurate that you wondered if somebody was spying on you? Did you, just for a minute, wonder if there is anything to astrology?

Love,

Robyn of the save me from the demonz class.

Edited by - robdar on 15 February 2003 14:50:31

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

No one can save you from demonz,they hide in your pants,LOL! I have a friend who does astrology charts.Are they accurate? Very much so. They are not like the ones you read in the newspaper.These are researched for each individual person and are quite detailed.Very cool...OUTLAW

• Robdar
    Robdar

*screeching and taking off pants*

LOL Outlaw. Thanks for posting.

Love ya,

Robyn

• AlanF
    AlanF

: Did you, just for a minute, wonder if there is anything to astrology?

Not even a second. It's nothing but ancient quackery.

AlanF

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

hi robdar

I believe in astrology. Had extensive reading done. Pretty much right on. And my relationship to my children. This person did'nt know me on personal level. blew me away by her information that was true.

I had this reading done about 8 yrs ago. It was a 5 year overveiw . The one piece she told that I would have to make a big change with my job. Well I kinda of blew it off. I was working as Nursing Asst. for 13 years in the ER. I was developing foot problems and having difficulty walking. I knew I had to make a change or the universe was going to make it for me. I made the change working as a clerk in the ER. and not having to be on my feet all the time. It was a wise decision. Not too long after changing I remembered what was said in my reading. I believe in it.

I never felt it was demonizing. Far I am concern its another scare tactic used by the org.

As far as the horoscope in the paper is pretty generic and vague.

OWC

• Mary
    Mary

My horoscope is constantly telling me that I'm going to "come into alot of money" or "find true love"..........seeing as nothing of the sort has ever happened, I say it's all a load of sh#t.......actually, I'd say that anyway.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Not even a second. It's nothing but ancient quackery.

Alan, you are my favorite skeptic. Thanks for posting.

As far as the horoscope in the paper is pretty generic and vague.

OCW, thank you for posting your experiences with astrology. Since I like a good mystery, I find astrology interesting. I enjoy hearing some of my friends talk about it. Many of my friends that are into it are very intelligent with high profile professional lives.

Thanks for your comments and welcome to the forum.

My horoscope is constantly telling me that I'm going to "come into alot of money" or "find true love"

LOL Mary,

Dont you just hate that? Agreed, it's a load of $h*t when astrologers say that. Thanks for your comments.

Love,

Robyn

• AlanF
    AlanF

Hi Robyn,

: Alan, you are my favorite skeptic. Thanks for posting.

No problem. That's my job.

Seriously, have you ever seen an objective study of how astrologers work? I have. Their "predictions" and so forth are without exception so vague that they can be applied to anyone, any time. I remember seeing one study on the Discovery Channel where a group of astrological believers were given "astrological charts" that were actually made by taking advice and predictions from real charts and randomly mixing them up. Guess what? The believers were as convinced as ever that the charts were made specifically for them.

A couple of very good reads about things like this are:

Martin Gardner, Fads and Fallacies in the Name of Science, Dover books, many reprints; many other books.

James Randi, many books, many online resources (search on "james randi skeptic").

AlanF

• Ed
    Ed

Cancer (June 22 - July 23)

Feb 15, 2003: What was previously thought to be the main planet guiding your destiny has actually turned out to be nothing more than an enormous chunk of Skylab still floating around the atmosphere. Any advice you have received through this column in recent years should therefore be disregarded. We apologize for the inconvenience.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I haven't really formed an opinion about Astrology. More study of the subject on my part is necessary.

Athanasius

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit