WE'RE MAKING PEROGIES

by calamityjane 23 Replies latest jw friends

• avengers
    avengers
    So what do us crazy Canucks do when it is too cold outside -32 degress celcius. -25 F. U.S. language.

freeze freeze. That is cold. It never gets that cold here in the netherlands.. This winter -10 celcius was the lowest. At htis moment it is -2. Cold enough. I don't envy you.

Andy

• gumby
    gumby

You roll out the dough and cut into circles, you put a bit of the potato mixture on the dough circle, fold it over and pinche the edges shut. You boil them until they float to the top of the surface of water. Then you transfer them to a pan of fried onions and butter and saute them for a while. you serve them with sour cream on top

Here in the old U of A we call that a potato chimichanga!

Gumby

• Seven
    Seven

Calamity,

You rock!!! Homemade is the only way to go!! The stara babas around here always throw in a few kraut filled ones for me. Hunky hand grenades(stuffed cabbage rolls) and 'rogies. Doesn't get any better than that. Have fun pinchin'!

seven

• calamityjane
    calamityjane
    Hi Seven,
    we were going to make the kraut ones but we figured we had too much already so the next time we get together we'll be making the kraut ones. Hmmm.
  • ESTEE
    ESTEE

(((((CalamityJane)))))

So . . . what time is dinner?

I love mine with cottage cheese, potato or saurkraut stuffing! I'll bring the holopchy (sp) and beer (Molsen Canadian)

Got sour cream, bacon and onions? Ohhhh . . . watch those cholestrol levels soar!!!

Love ya!

ESTEE

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

((((((((Estee))))))))))

Dinner probably at 6:00. I'll be thinking of you when we eat them. If you ever come this way your more than welcome to visit us.

Thanks for the visual effects. Our American friends will now know what they look like.

Love ya, Estee, I could use a mom like you.

CJ

• Skeptic
    Skeptic
    we'll do it the old fashioned way, the way my babas (grandmothers) would do it.

Damn, that brings back pleasant memories.

Richard

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

Can I have the beer?

• Scully
    Scully

mmmmmmmmmmm perogies and cabbage rolls!!!

Love, Scully

PS - Don't you guys have one of those perogie making moulds for mass production?? I don't know what I'd do without mine!!

Edited by - Scully on 15 February 2003 14:49:35

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Now those are some fine progie pics.No beer for me with progies,not even Molson Canadian.White wine and progies yum-yum...>>>Hey Scully,there are gagets for pressing progies,but not many real hunkys will use them...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit