I need your expertise.

by avengers 24 Replies latest jw friends

• avengers
    avengers

Yesterday I got this e-mail. Do any of you know anything about this? Is this on the level?

Your kind attention is needed;

With due respect, trust and humanity,I and my family send to you this letter seeking for your help and assistance although we have not meet each other before but we hope that this letter will meet you and your family in good condition of health.This is not intended to cause you any embarrassment in whatever form, rather compel to contact your esteemed self,is borne out of this difficult situation that my family has been engulfed in since my beloved husband and bread winner of our family was killed.

My name is Mrs Mary Nigaga Elsworth,and my husband was late Mr Henry S.Elsworth of Kwekwe Midlands province of Harare Zimbabwe.I am writing this letter on behalf of me and my family,my son Ian Ku-Ku & my daughter Malthida daUsomma Elsworth. The current war crisis against the farmers going on in my country Zimbabwe from the support of self styled President Robert Gabriel Mugabe,in his envy and greediness to claim all the farms lands for his party members and his followers.Our cattle ranch farm is one of the best grassland cattle farm in our country,because my husband did not support Robert Gabriel Mugabe's ideas of killing the farmers and collecting their farms lands from them.This the President Robert Gabriel Mugabe orders his supporters to invaded my husbands grassland cattle ranch farm in Kwekwe Midlands province of Zimbabwe and burnt everything in the farm and made away with a lot of items on my husband's farm.

Upon this act of greediness President Robert Gabriel Mugabe have this today "we are no longer going to ask for the land, but we are take it without any negotiation or compassion".My husband was a lawmaker in the white-dominated parliament of Rhodesia, as Zimbabwe was known before independence, and served as Independent lawmaker among 20 seats reserved for the first seven years of independence.He had been an outspoken critic of President Robert Mugabe's ruling party.. My husband has described Robert Mugabe self styled act to farmers as a unjustified war against land ownership by farmers.

Before his death,my husband deposited with a Security Company in (Gauteng Province) of South Africa the sum of US$10 Million}{Ten Million United States Dollars} as precious stones and family valuables.This money,he meant it for the opening of the new 500 acres of another cattle ranch farm in Shiselweni Village near umbuluzi river Swaziland to open with the help Swaziland Monarch,King Ngeyaiama Mswati (lll).Before my husbands death he has this to say," My children,if the war continue like this,I have this to tell you as a father that you must never expect that there is a Future in this country for you all"

After the burial of my husband and the bread winner of the family, me and my two children Ian Chris and Malthida daUsomma decided to move to the Republic of South Africa (as all our hopes is no more) where my husband had deposited the money in a security company
    as precious stones and family valuables to withdraw and put in-use.

Our hopes was turn down as they informed us that it is against the South Africa law for refugees seeking asylums in the country the right to banks or to participate in any financial transaction or to own an enterprise or company of his/her own in their country.It is on this note that me and my children is therefore seeking for your kind assistance to help us transfer this money to your accounts in your country as the laws of South Africa do not permit us the rights to that and this money is all me and my family hopes for.

As a woman I have two options;

A:-Firstly you can choose to have certain percentage of the money for your kind assistance in this transaction.

B:- Or you can go into partnership with me and my children for the proper and profitable investment in real estates or properties and nay other lucrative venture in .your country.

We have also mapped out 5% of this money for all kinds of expenses we might incur in the process of thistransaction.If you do not prefer a partnership with us we are giving you 35% of the fund while the remaining 60% will be for my children and me and you will still help
    us in investing this money in a proper and profitable investment in your country because me and children do not have any knowledge of international business.

Please if you are willing to assist me and my children kindly email me back.....

Finally, we employ your confident to this matter as well as you love,kindness and understanding.

Hopeful to hear from you soon.

Thanks and best regards
    Mrs Mary Elsworth & family.
    refugee Permit No.SA/RFI/007745/02/NYNMBM
    [Date 14/3/2003]

for more informations about my late Husband go
    www.1freespace.com/beetee/dec14.html.

My reaction:

If you're on the level ofcourse we can do business.That's my criteria. I myself respect the laws, I treat people fair and I don't believe in scams. If I find this to be a scam I shall not hesitate to prosecute to the full extend of the law. If you are on the level then I find the situation very sad, because I believe in democracy, even if it's not perfect. Andy
    answer:
    Dear Andy,

I have read through your email and I thank you for your decision to assist me in this trasaction, but I did not understand what you meant by levels but I had to assume its meaning.

I am presently nervous and a little bit scared as I write this mail to you as I have been praying for some kind of assistance. After me and my two children arrived South Africa it was a big blow to us when we discovered that we could not claim what was rightly ours so we have been in talks with a very nice Zimbabwe diplomat who is attached with the
    Zimbabwe embassy in Spain. So through his assistance we hoped that we could apply for a Transfer of Consignment to Spain via the Zimbabwe embassy.

I have to reassure you that you have nothing to persecute me for as I am suffering and have been grieving since the death of my husband, so I will be more than happy to go into business with you concerning my husbands deposit and even take it further after.....

You have to understand that as Asylum seekers we do not have rights to financial activities that is why I decided to pply for the transfer to spain with the help of the diplomat.

I will require your telephone number so I can call you from the Camp, so as soon as you get my mail you kindly provide me with the number.

I will also need your scanned passport as I have already attached mine to this email.

Regards,

Mary Elsworth

Get Your Private, Free E-mail from Indiatimes at http://email.indiatimes.com

Buy the best in Movies at http://www.videos.indiatimes.com

Bid for for Air Tickets @ Re.1 on Air Sahara Flights. Just log on to http://airsahara.indiatimes.com and Bid Now !
    Hi andy,

Get Your Private, Free E-mail from Indiatimes at http://email.indiatimes.com

Buy the best in Movies at http://www.videos.indiatimes.com
    Bid for Air Tickets @ Re.1 on Air Sahara Flights. Just log on to http://airsahara.indiatimes.com and Bid Now !

Dear Andy, I am only writing to ask if you got my mail as I have been expecting a number that I can callyou on, to thank you but when I checked now I saw you had not even written me a mail. Hoping to hear from you soon., Best regards, Mary
    Do any of you know her? Is this on the level or is it a scam? Help please.
  • Guest 77
    Guest 77

Scam, ignore and delete.

Guest 77

• Gopher
    Gopher

This is a variation on the "Nigerian letter scam".

For more info, this site may be helpful: http://www.themediadesk.com/files/419.htm

• Francois
    Francois

INTRUDER ALERT! INTRUDER ALERT! INTRUDER ALERT!

DELETE DELETE DELETE

Cease further communications with well-known scam artists STOP Concur this is variation of Nigerian Scam letter STOP Many - er - trusting - people have lost hundreds of thousands of dollars to this kind of scam STOP Vital you keep your money in your pocket STOP

END OF ALERT

ENDS TRANSMISSION

• link
    link

I am an ex Rhodesian (Zimbabweian) and for reasons that I can't go into here, I can gaurantee that the person who wrote the letter is not the lady whose photograph appears on the passport.

link

Edited by - link on 15 February 2003 6:4:37

• avengers
    avengers
    I am an ex Rhodesian (Zimbabweian) and for reasons that I can't go into here, I can gaurantee that the person who wrote the letter is not the lady whose photograph appears on the passport.

link

Interesting.

Note though that she's not asking for money, but for help. Could this not be a legitimate outcry for help?

link: How can you guarantee that? You can't just say no when someone is asking for help, and then say, I'm not gonna give you a reason.

Andy.

• link
    link

Andy,

I did not say it was a scam. I did not say do not help 'the lady'. I just said that it was not the lady in the photograph who wrote the letter.

Your thread asks for expertiese. I happen to have some "local knowledge" so I am offering my expertiese for what its worth. I have personal reasons for not wishing to disclose the source of my knowledge and these have to do with other persons who come to the board but do not post here. In other words IDENTITY PROBLEMS!

link

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Andy Andy Andy.

Dont do it man. These emails are all over the net.I must get 0ne a week. Its a scam man. Dont get sucked in.

• avengers
    avengers

Thanks to all of you. I will take your advice.

I happen to have some "local knowledge" so I am offering my expertiese for what its worth

link: Thank you. This is what this board is all about. How else can someone get this kind of info? Great...........

Andy

• david_10
    david_10

Hi Andy. I got this very same email 2 days ago. Basically, it's the hi-tech version of the old pigeon drop scheme. Read about it here:

http://www.geocities.com/king_grifter/pigeon.html

Maybe they haven't mentioned money yet, but in about one more letter, they will. Take care.

David

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit