Assembly baptisms/attendance - keep 'em coming!

by freddo 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy
    Yup, more dying than being baptized.
  • Richard_I
    Richard_I

1100 in attendance, 1 baptized (Canada).

jehovah's chariot is truly on the move.

• ThinkerBelle
    ThinkerBelle

1329 attendance 6 baptized

One 10 year old ( parents had experience during afternoon sesh), the rest most likely teens/young adults and one guy that looked 40s-50s.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    Freddo I was baptised at that Surrey Ass'embly Hall in 1987 , there was only a handful of us then as well
  • Simon
    Simon
    One 10 year old ( parents had experience during afternoon sesh)

What are the chances of it being coincidental?

I wonder how this was contrived - the WTS learned a 10 year old was getting dunked so that 'earned' the family an assembly part or the kid was pushed to get baptised to boost their assembly part?

• ThinkerBelle
    ThinkerBelle
    Simon - Ha, interesting point! They had a cringe-worthy interview nonetheless of the ultimate do-gooder variety traipsing said child all over the U.S. in an RV staying places only months at a time with RBC and need-greater work. When the line "She's been our sister for an hour" came out, I wanted to hurl. I can't even imagine taking the dunk at that young of an age before you hit your developing teen years. Will love to see where the story ends up in 10 more years!
  • Simon
    Simon
    child all over the U.S. in an RV staying places only months at a time with RBC and need-greater work

So basically home-schooled (probably non-schooled) by religious nuts who surprise, surprise, indoctrinated the poor kid to dedicate themselves to the same cult.

As a reward for sacrificing their child's future on the alter of Jehovah they get a round of applause at an assembly.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    At our convention last summer in cleveland, peak attendance 7000. 32 baptised. Astonishing .04% growth!
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Simon - "What are the chances of it being coincidental?"

Since I'm not a big believer in coincidence, I'd say... zip.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit