Assembly baptisms/attendance - keep 'em coming!

by freddo 28 Replies latest jw friends

• WingCommander
    WingCommander
    I believe my last Circuit Assembly was at the Grantville Assembly Hall, 1999 A.D. I was fed up with it then, and haven't wanted to go since. It's a total bore, and waste of a perfectly good weekend, spent inside a windowless, soul-draining meeting room. No thanks!
  • truthlover
    truthlover

1755 attended -- 7 baptized

• truthlover
  • BackSlider
    BackSlider
    The assembly where I live had 1100 in attendance and 2 baptized. Both were relatives of witnesses.
  • nmthinker
    nmthinker

Perusing the stats in this thread and the reddit thread (which is gone for some reason) I think WTBS has GOT to be faking their baptized and increased numbers.

In the yearbook they consistently report about a ~3% baptismal rate where 2/3 of that number leave the org as deduced by the actual increase of average publishers. But the baptismal numbers I've seen here and in the reddit thread are consistently less than .5%, half a percent, many times less than .3%

I think they are making their numbers up. With the baptismal rates so low as evidenced at every convention and assembly they are likely losing numbers in the Unites States. Its almost guaranteed

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    If the percentage is up from 0 but less then 1%they round up to 1%. In the yearbook that is. There is also a lot where 0 is reported.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Crazyguy - "Their going after the young big time."

Yes, and with so much success, too. :smirk:

Crazyguy - "There is also a lot where 0 is reported."

I didn't know that.

Do they still do the baptism talk, even if no one gets dunked?

'Cause that would be weird.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro
    Recently attended one with 1800 people and 9 baptized.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy
    With such a low percentage, they are surely not keeping up with the death rate are they ?
  • drawcad_1
    drawcad_1
    1900 in attendance 16 baptized

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit