Not Attending and Judicial Hearings.....

by ISP 11 Replies latest jw friends

• ISP
    ISP

Baptized persons who have not associated for some time.

If you learn of serious wrongdoing on the part of such a
    person, the matter should be investigated if it poses a
    threat to the congregation's cleanness and welfare or caus-
    es a public scandal.

Consider the following:

Does he still profess to be a Witness?

Is he generally recognized as such in the congrega-
    tion and/or t e community?

Does the person have a measure of contact or
    association with the congregation so that a leaven-
    ing, or corrupting, influence exists?

How did the matter become known to the elders?

UNIT 5 (a)

Is the person willing to meet with a committee,
    thus admitting accountability to the Christian con-
    gregation?

Depending upon length of inactivity and other factors
    suggested above, elders may determine to hold the
    matter in abeyance.

In such a case, a record of the person's questionable
    conduct should be made for the congregation file so
    that everything noted might be clarified when the
    person shows interest in becoming active again.

If the sinful conduct is known only to believing family
    members and no congregation action is taken because
    of the factors outlined above, believing relatives will
    likely determine to curtail family association severely,
    viewing the relative as bad association. ( I Cor. 15:33)

If the individual still professes to be a Witness and is
    willing to meet with the judicial committee, the matter
    should be handled in the normal way. However, when
    factors such as possible legal action exist, it is best to
    consult the Society before proceeding. (w87 9/1 p. 14)

Seems if you are in this situation.....best tactic is not to accept your 'accountability' to the WTS by willingly attending the JH.

Any thoughts?

• Francois
    Francois

You can't be walked on unless you lie down first. It would be snowing in hell before I'd acknowledge any such thing.

francois

• Marcos
    Marcos

If we are "out", by choice, why would anyone submit to their kangaroo courts? Either you recognize that they have authority over you or they don't. It can't be both ways.

If someone is cooperating because of trying to maintain family ties, I can understand a certain degree of cooperation. But in this case, isn't that person walking a thin line that leads to eventual disassociation with the family members anyway?

I do not recognize them as having ANY authority over me! I would laugh at any attempts to exercise their perceived authority. My only interest in them is as individuals (whom I love and/or like) or a purely legal interest as in I would be happy to participate in any type of lawsuit that could as a result, lead to severe economic damage to the corporation(s) and possible jail time for the criminals who run said "Society".

Sounds like a rant. And this is not directed personally at ISP. BUT, why do we keep talking about them as if they actually have power over any of us who are out? Where is their power except as regards hostages? THEY HAVE NO SCRIPTURAL AUTHORITY and they are not even of (The True) God.

Ok, I'm calm now.

Marcos

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Speaking of them having authority of you... here is a little jewel I put at the end of my letter of Disassociation...

As the saying goes: No one can exercise authority over you unless you grant it to them. I am revoking this authority which I granted Christianity. Because of this I am now free to be happy and at peace with the universe and myself. Please do not attempt to contact me regarding spiritual, theological, or biblical matters. This will not be welcomed.

I nice slap in the face for them.

• Latte
    Latte

WOW! I can't believe this stuff!....There again.... I actually put the following, into practise .......and my poor sister wasn't even baptised! Thank God that she forgave me.......

(No longer so self righteous Latte.. bow's head in shame.....)

likely determine to curtail family association severely,

Latte

• Maverick
    Maverick

Dear Marcos: You sound like a radical after my own heart. Please check out the Baptism Nullification letter in this post and give me your thoughts. Having these guys show up at my door or call me on the phone to an accounting by telling me to meet with them carries the same weight as having my neighbors lawn man tell me I need to explain myself and my actions! Hey wait! The PO is my neighbors lawn man! My cat has more compassion, ( and greater intelligence ) than that character does. And I mean no disrespect to all the hard working lawn people out there so please don't write me about that OK?

• zev
    zev
    likely determine
    to curtail family association severely,

arrrrgh!

here is where the pharasee's make "rules" without making "rules" .

can you see it in the language used in the quote?

its so damn "sad-u-see".

pharasee & sadusee = WTBTS

• dedalus
    dedalus

Please check out the Baptism Nullification letter in this post and give me your thoughts.

If you happen to agree with Maverick's thoughts, that is. Otherwise he's not interested.

Dedalus

• minimus
    minimus

If the congregation elders view you as still associated with the congregation it doesn't matter what you think. A few years back, some elders wanted to disfellowship a person who had taken a blood transfusion. She had not been active for about 15 years.If a person decides not to attend a hearing, that is their decision. But the elders will do what they feel is their duty, with you or without you.

• Maverick
    Maverick

Dear Dedalus: I missed you! I so look forward to you following me around to nip at my heels. You are more fun than the whole Mensa discussion group I attend. But in all fairness I did not disapprove of your dissension, just your condescension. I am past taking bullying by academic types. I'll go toe to toe with anyone if I feel tread upon. I'll sure I'll be hearing from you, cut and paste away! Maverick p.s. I think you are great!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit