Jehovah's Witnesses Crimes Against Fellow Jehovah's Witness Victims

by Hecce 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Hecce
    Hecce

Who are these people at the employees site?

It is so complete, that they have such a large variety of languages; almost like the WT site.

Impressive

• smiddy
    smiddy

Thanks Hecce ,the jehovahs Witnesses take the moral high ground over other religions so they should be called out on it.

And I would suggest that they are on a par with society in general and if not they would score higher per capita.

Another thing is these cases only deal with crimes Jw`s commit against other JW`s and is by no means extensive , ,and it doesnt take into account crimes comitted by JW`s against non JW`s.which if taken into account would expand this number xxx fold.

Their are other sites that show crimes comitted by Jehovahs witnesses , and every crime you can think of has been comitted by a practicing JW from murder to robbery ,extortion ,fraud, and child sexual abuse to name a few.

• Half banana
    Half banana

There's a lot of excruciating information on Bravehost about the misdemeanours of JWs. How about the mention of one JW missionary murdering a fellow missionary couple somewhere out in the south Pacific.

What a desperate human tragedy for the Zaklar JW family. With three apparently delinquent young adult children who die one after the other in road accidents, being drunk or chased by the police yet not allowed blood when in hospital. The JW mother not surprisingly, later taking her own life.

Yes JWs are ordinary people but there is one psychological layer which does not help them once converted to this religion. Petty infringements of normal behaviour might be or apologised for by the average person, perhaps compensated with a small gift or simply a with a twinge of guilt and a decision not to repeat it, of course depending on the type of error.

For a JW the conflict between the perfection demanded and normal life ("You must be perfect as I am perfect") creates an unhealthy tension. Often leading to lack of self worth or mental self-harm if not physical harm. Some individuals may think that they are condemned by God and therefore go through the motions expected in their high control religion but internally thinking they are already doomed.They might act according to the hopelessness and helplessness of their situation, especially when alcohol has removed their better judgement.

Beware the bad psychology of Biblical thinking!

I have not been able to find out who is behind the JW Bravehost site even after asking them directly. Has anyone any insight on who is producing this material? What is problematic for the researcher is the absence of references in most cases.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    smiddy: Their are other sites that show crimes comitted by Jehovahs witnesses , and every crime you can think of has been comitted by a practicing JW from murder to robbery ,extortion ,fraud, and child sexual abuse to name a few.

6 pages of JW crimes against non-JWs

http://jwdivorces.bravehost.com/jwcrime.html

Halfbanana: What is problematic for the researcher is the absence of references in most cases.

I have found some information just by looking for my own sources. Most of the cases have a reference and for the ones that don't, they are outweighed by the wealth of reliable information on the site.

The commentary, however, leaves a bit to be desired at times - some of the comments make me cringe. But, I try to ignore the commentary and look up the primary sources to do my own digging around if the case sounds interesting so that I can make my own conclusions.

The pages that are really difficult to go through are the ones concerning children:

Legal Issues Affecting Children of Jehovah's Witnesses

http://jwdivorces.bravehost.com/

There are several pages of blood transfusion cases involving children

http://jwdivorces.bravehost.com/blood.html

...and many more

• deegee
    deegee

Here are the links for two global JW crime maps:

http://aawa.co/jw-crime-map/

http://www.rationalskepticism.org/general-debunking/jehovah-s-witness-crimes-interactive-map-database-t18479.html

These maps are useful in debunking the notion that JWs are in a so-called "spiritual paradise".

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Here are the links for two global JW crime maps:

Interestingly it would appear that, statistically, compared to the percentage make up of the general population compared to prison population in UK/England & Wales that:

There are proportionally less Christians in prison than in the general population.

There are proportionally more Muslims in prison than in the general population.

There are proportionally less Hindus in prison than in the general population.

There are proportionally more 'no religion-ists' in prison than in the general population.

There are proportionally less 'other religion-ists' in prison than in the general population.

NOTE: One possible major problem with the charts below is the significantly larger 'Not Recorded/Not Stated' percentage for the general population than for the prison population. Also, in prison, there may be certain 'advantages' in claiming a religious affiliation - for example time allowed for worship and food / diet.

Prison Population:

http://www.researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/SN04334/SN04334.pdf

General Population:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/culturalidentity/religion/articles/religioninenglandandwales2011/2012-12-11

• Hecce
    Hecce

The main feeling that I get after reading this reports is one of sadness and even pity, this doesn't show an "spiritual paradise".

• Simon
    Simon
    JWs are especially vulnerable to con artists and the JWs have many who will take advantage of those who don't know any better.

Yes, anyone conducting "affinity fraud" would be classed as a JW because they masquerade as such to conduct their crimes.

Of course I'm not saying that JWs never do any wrong, that would be ridiculous. But really, if you had to leave your wallet with a complete stranger, I think you could do a lot worse than walking into a KH or picking someone manning a cart.

There's always going to be individual cases though - that'w why we normally look at overall statistics instead of individual cases to decide what "the norm" is.

• deegee
    deegee

Complementing the online info, I know from personal experience that JWs (devout, baptized) are just as dishonest when it comes to money, as anyone else in the general population.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Simon: Yes, anyone conducting "affinity fraud" would be classed as a JW because they masquerade as such to conduct their crimes.

There are several "affinity frauds" that are documented on those pages where the perpetrator was and/or is currently a JW. There is nothing "masquerading" about them being JWs - the masquerade is them pretending to be financial experts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit