Saturday morning us newly weds visited by closet gay Special pioneer see why we stayed home!!? WIERD!!

by Witness 007 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• steve2
    steve2

I cannot imagine the suffering of gay people who grow up in this organization of hate and closed mindedness. Everybody has to suppress who they really are and what they really think, that is, if they even have any original thoughts left....

I feel as sad for them now as I do for my own wasted life....

Thanks Muddy Waters for bringing some humanity and understanding in your response. Unlike Witness 007's OP, which combines organizational requirements with a snidely negative take on a "brother" who is suspected of being gay.

I was raised a third-generation JW and knew I was gay from a very early age - yet still felt I had no choice than to do the "right" thing by suppressing my sexuality and pretending to be straight. If the "brother" is gay, I feel sorry that he feels constrained to live a lie. How sad that he is described as being content in his photos standing next to other brothers. It is not a joke. It is sad. On the other hand, there are many men who appear to be gay but are not and, to complicate things even further, many straight-acting men who are gay. I am in the latter "category". Glad I never knocked on Witness 007's door.

• krejames
    krejames

Wingcommander: the point of the OP seems to be that brother knocked at the door unannounced at 11am (with other brothers). The whole "gay" allegation seems to be beside the point. The post, like yours, is border homophobic (lumping closet gay, with perv and voyeur).

It's like back in the past in this country when newspapers might have reported that "a black man" shot someone. But if a white man shot someone, the skin colour was never mentioned. It was rascist.

It's like how back in the 90s if a paedophile was also gay, this would be mentioned (whatever the gender of the victim). But if the paedophile was "straight" that wouldn't be...subliminally supporting the myth that gay men are more likely to be paedophiles than straight men.

Rant over.

• krejames
    krejames
    Steve2 - you made the point much better and and much more level headed than I did. Wish I had seen that before I posted. Sorry for your experience.
  • Witness 007
    Witness 007

Sorry to Steve 2 who is a poster i know well here for years and fully respect..my anger and negative feelings and comments were directed at this pioneers "Watchtower" hardline atitude bothering me and my wife with no consideration or thought an organisation man...that was my anger point. Point number 2 was I'm sure he had sexual issues but was not allowed to "come out" or be himself be gay which must have been awful for him yet he judged us for taking some time off together. I resent him for that NOT for being gay.

I wish everyone happiness gay or not I'm glad our political leader Tony Abbot is sacked yesterday who would not even let his own gay sister marry. Again I HATE WHAT THE J.W ORG DOES TO PEOPLE STOPS US BEING HUMAN OR OURSELVES this was my poinnt not ment to seem anti- gay deepest apologies to anyone if my post was not worded well. Steve my N.Z mate your welcome for a beer with me anytime...just DO NOT come by Saturday morning when Im sleeping in with my wife!!!

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks for clarification Witness 007 and I accept that your main point was not the brother's sexual orientation but his hardline attitude - which is not nice to see in anyone.. We're all learning here and the best any of us can do is take on board the feedback as best as we can.

Thanks too for the offer of a drink should our paths ever meet. Being a life-long tee-totaller, it'll have to be a strong coffee!

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy
    Do you even know he is gay? Maybe he s just a picky person. I mean if he was really gay he could always use the old standby excuse "I'm putting off marriage until the new system", and few would think otherwise. And as for stopping by your house, perhaps they were just working territory in your neighborhood, and thought they would stop by and see you. Maybe instead of picking on his supposed sexuality, pick on his religion and tell him the truth as to why you weren't there.
  • Calebs Airplane
  • fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    Witness 007: Point number 2 was I'm sure he had sexual issues but was not allowed to "come out" or be himself be gay which must have been awful for him yet he judged us for taking some time off together. I resent him for that NOT for being gay

OK, but isn't that what Christianity does in general (and not just the jws)? Western culture is riddled with "judgementalism," just look at the public discussion over equal marriage rights.

This poor bastard, whether gay or not gay, but more particularly if he was gay, is told in many subtle and not subtle ways that he's got to do this and do that, if he wants the Yahweh/Jesus combo god to 'heal' him of his perversion, and if he doesn't then he's finished because the monstrous Yahweh/Jesus combo god will kill him.

All of us that were involved in that organisation likely became judgemental, if not all the time, then sometimes.

Postscript:

A comment on stereotyping gays:

Through my gayxjw friend, I've had the interesting experience of being able to meet a lot of gay men and a few gay women, some 'out,' some not. I want to say that some of the masculine people I've ever met, are gay. Even, if not so aggressively masculine, most gay men cannot be stereotyped. That's why its often a shock when they do come 'out.'

Those who are judged, in conversations like this one, as 'gay,' are usually stereotyped, because they are seen as effeminate, and unless you are using the term 'gay' to cover a whole range of alternative sexualities that can be misleading, as they may be transexual or transgender and have a different genetic make-up.

For some research on 'gaydar,' the ability to see people as 'gay,' read:

The science of stereotyping: Challenging the validity of 'gaydar'

Link: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/09/150903160505.htm

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

The first 6 sentences were about his assumed sexual orientation. If this were merely about Witness 007 being interrupted when staying home with his wife, why was that necessary?

I call bullshit.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

enjoy my wife's "company" when at 11 am there is a knock, peeking thru the blinds i see it's George the stud muffin...with brothers though! AWKWARD!

They have some really good electronic Bible Detectors on the market now that can be mounted on your front porch in minutes !

But seriously, we had a brother in our Hall like the the one you described in your opening post. Since he was a little boy, everyone knew he was gay. Really nice guy but very effeminate, very bleached hair, talking with the sisters about their outfits, holding babies etc...so what..big deal.

When he was about 19 though, surprise surprise, he got engaged to a heavy set young sister who seemed elated with the arrangement. Everyone just scratched their heads and said nothing. When talking about the day his Son announced his engagement, his Elder Dad said " YES!!!! I knew he was a Man !!!

They had 2 kids in a relatively short time but he got DF'd and divorced and is now married to another guy. His 2 kids are in their teens and seem to really love and accept their Dad. The exwife is still single but they are on good terms. It's good that they are making the best of the situation but it goes to show you what happens when people can't be honest about themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit