Witness to teenagers or not?

by kimberly 17 Replies latest jw friends

• kimberly
    kimberly

http://www.msmagazine.com
    /cgi-local/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=10&t=001097

This is what is being said about the Witnesses on a feminist web site forum. I personally think the first poster was possibly a bit harsh, but then at the same time, maybe the Witness she mentions should have asked for the home owner before going into her presentation.

I found it really weird reading these posts - sounds really stupid I know, but sometimes you don't always see the householder as a person with their own life - they just become an extension of the building. Because your (I'm) so wrapped up in getting the presentation out, you don't see them as an individual.

• Moxy
    Moxy

<extreme non-pc>
    ooo, fighting lesbians - thats a fun board
    </extreme non-pc>

lol

mox

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

this board would enjoy the DNC list............

• kimberly
    kimberly

Sorry, what's the DNC list?????

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

do not call list....there is an office for it in patterson.if you write them or call , they will not come to your house

or you can just ask the local congregation to not come by

• joelbear
    joelbear

Can we post the number in Patterson to call. I would like to give it to all my friends.

thanks

Joel

• Simon
    Simon

"Well cover me in honey and throw me to the lesbians !"

I just always wanted to use that quote...

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

Joel,
    If you can believe this, the # for the DNC office is not given out.
    It appears there may be a different office for each state.

I called the Charitable Planning office as it is in the same building.
    Then asked for the DNC office. The girl in Charitable planning, did not know the office was even in the same building. I opted to ask for the operator.

She directed the call, but would not give out the #.She said it matters which state your in.
    The gentleman on the phone ,at the DNC office, remembered me from last week and was not very amicable about information. I asked if an acknowlegement letter was sent out and he said no. They send a letter to the congregation.

It might pay to request a carbon copy oof the letter written to the congregation.

The address to the office is:

Christian Congregation of Jehovahs Witnesses
    2821 Rt 22
    Patterson NY 12563-2237

the phone # for the
    Charitable Planning office is
    845-306-0707
    FX 845-306-0709
    They will connect you to the switch board.

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

Quote: "The gentleman on the phone, at the DNC office, remembered me from last week and was not very amicable about information."

They see what's coming.

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

Skimmer,

It may be my warmth and uncanny love I show onth phone.

Perahps someone else should call. Then no excuse can be had.
    I was made to feel, I am not allowed to ask questions......

I asked if my neighbor wanted to do the same, I might give him the #...he said "no...thats his request not yours."

So while they have a phone and apparently, evidently, different #'s for each state...... you arent suppose to call.

I am mystified by this........

So what do you say skimmer...want to spend 20ยข

let me know
    S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit