I need a long break

by StinkyPantz 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I am very old fashioned for which I am not apologetic but I see no merit in keyboard bullying, especially toward a young lady who is obviously distressed by what is happening.

Hear Hear!!!

Wednesday: I read your posts. (BTW, I was born on a Wednesday, so your name has always attracted my attention!)

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

SP and Hubby.

I for one would hate to see you leave this forum due to the intolerant treatment of SP by Francois.

His rantings and ravings are best disregarded and not replied to. Francois displays a great deal of anger. It is obvious that some if not all of this anger is directed at his self. Francois at some level sees in himself, the same personality and actions he saw in the father, he has such hatred for. The father he so loathes, was the same kind of man francois is today.

Like father like son.

My opinion Outoftheorg.

• shera
    shera
    Well you are in America now and you need to speak English if you are going to live in America". Needless to say, my mother (who speaks perfect English) was shocked and actually came home crying because of it.

How nice,

Well I do have to say,it would make their live easier to learn English.Why should a person stop speaking their language,that is who they are.

Come on now,if we moved to another country,would you stop speaking the language you know.I'm sure we would learn another lang...but how would it make you feel if someone told you to basically shut up? I'd tell them in my broken lang that they speak and shove it up you know where.It almost seems it is people who are insecure,make make a big deal of someone speaking another lang...scared they make be talking about yah..lol

I don't see that behaviour around here but I'm sure their is some like that.People speak many different languages around here...I like to listen to it.I do have to say,they have been able to speak english as well.Who would I be...to walk up to someone and tell them to speak the language I can understand?

For some reason this topic is getting to me more than others...lol

I can't stand racism and hate of other people because they are not like "us". I guess having a disabled son,has made me more tolerant of any type of differences. My son gets looks from intolerant people and I let em know..they turn their heads pretty fast after I'm done with them.(very over protective of my boy)...I have a tendency of being able to hiss very well,when it is called for. If I see someone of another race being mistreated I'd say something,and proud of it.Anyone out there that doesn't like it too bad,my mind,my opinion.Said my peice and sticking it.

Oh..had to add...sick,cruel people in all walks of life and good,loving people in "all" races too.

Well,ok thats about it..

Take care all and all have a good day.

• Xena
    Xena

SP I am sorry you feel the need to take a break form the board due to a few intolerent abusive posters, but I do understand! I like to take a breather every now and then, seems to give me some perspective and helps me keep my sense of humor about things (not that you NEED that just how it works for me)

SD nice to see you posting, hope to see you more! lol love the pic...had to do double take when the eyebrows moved *giggle*

Best of Luck to you Both in your Move and Hope to See you Around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• gumby
    gumby

The father he so loathes, was the same kind of man francois is today.

What a hatefull and uninformed statement that was! How rude! Do you think that comment was any less hateful than the comment you accused him of as hateful?

I happen to know Francois as we had long and lenghthy E-mail discussions when I was new to this place. I was a Christian at the time and we debated day after day.

He NEVER was rude to me.....only honest, caring and helpful. Read some of his other stuff from this Forum. Why do you take a statement he made that you feel was out of line and base his person off of that? If his statement was out of line..........so what. We all say shit that could have been worded another way.

How would you feel if he made a heartfelt apology? His father perhaps....would not.

Gumby

• roybatty
    roybatty
    The father he so loathes, was the same kind of man francois is today.

What a hatefull and uninformed statement that was! How rude! Do you think that comment was any less hateful than the comment you accused him of as hateful?

I agree. Making a comment about Francois and his relationship with his father (whom I'm assuming the poster doesn't know) is rude. But when one treats people like shi*, they can expect the same in return. Again, people hate bullies.

I still believe that Frank acted like a dick toward Stinky. Is he like that in "real" life? I don't know, maybe. I think the biggest problem with many posters is that they don't view others on the board as "real" people. Would he say the same things to Stinky's face? I believe he would show a little more tact. Then again, maybe not.

• gumby
    gumby

I still believe that Frank acted like a dick toward Stinky. Is he like that in "real" life? I don't know, maybe. I think the biggest problem with many posters is that they don't view others on the board as "real" people. Would he say the same things to Stinky's face

Roybatty,

Thanks for understanding. I agree also his words weren't the greatest but I also feel he would not have purposely "hurt" anyone. As I said before......to know him better......read what he has written and posted on.

He is one of the first to help someone with a medical problem if he can. He has worked with RF on e-councling others out of the borg. He was the one who first helped me to open my mind to examine if the bible was real or copied myths. When I was too afraid to post here, he asked the question for me on this forum..."how can you PROVE Jesus existed".

My point.....he has a heart and sacrafices his time to help others. I don't think he MEANT any harm.

Gumby

• joannadandy
    joannadandy
    He NEVER was rude to me.....only honest, caring and helpful. Read some of his other stuff from this Forum. Why do you take a statement he made that you feel was out of line and base his person off of that?

Gumby I am glad he was nice to you...please go back and read the orginal thread where Francois out and out attacked Stinky and an entire race of people. It was not one simple comment taken out of hand, it was over and over the same filth and abuse. When Stinky tried to walk away, he didn't let it die, instead he had to drag out his trash and leave it airing for everyone else. Despite her pleas to let it stop he did not. In fact in a farewell thread he had to come and regurgitate more filth.

I admit I know nothing of francois. In fact I have enjoyed a few of his posts. However his behavior on that thread and toward Stinky was uncalled for. It was not a debate. It was not a discussion. It was just a mud slinging fest filled with hateful rhetoric.

Stinky--I really wish you wouldn't leave. We need more of you "hormonal soapbox" types around here!! I for one will miss you. But I understand your need for a break as well. I just hope it is a short break because your posts will be missed. You have always been a helpful contributor and fresh prespective on many issues here. You handled yourself with grace and dignity while you were being cyber-tongue lashed. Lord knows I wouldn't have been able to hold up as well as you did.

And Mr. Stinky. Thank you for posting what you did. It needed to be said, and I am very happy that Mrs. Stinky is married to someone as honest and loving as you obviously are.

Chin up to you both! I think if you are given some time to think about it you will realize the majority of us like having you around. I know it's hard because some people like to say they are the ones being attacked and mistreated when all they do spew is hate and garbage. Don't ever let anyone tell you that you are wrong for being emotional. You have every right to be emotional, and you have every right to be offended and feel hurt. How some people get away with the heaps of insults they levy on people time and time again is beyond me. I guess if you are a vengeful bigot who posts and contributes to a few deep religious debates you are worthy of staying, despite the name calling you repeatedly sink to.

Again--very sorry to see you go...you will be missed, best of luck to you...hope you come back soon.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

((((((((((Stinky))))))))))

I just have to say I for one will miss you here! From the very first time I ever came to this board I always enjoyed your posts. You always had something intelligent and encouraging to say. Kudos to your husband for coming to your defense, he is a gallant man which in these days is refreshing to see, he is definately a keeper hold each other dear and near!

I understand if you feel you need to take a break and wish you well with your schooling and move.

Katie (of the this forum is getting on my nerves class)

• gumby
    gumby

Joannadandy,

What gets me is she said she realized he was making an analogy......not an attack

StinkyPantz
    Re: Ah maght be unejuamakaitudJan 12, 2003 17:27

Master Member

United States of America
    Since: May 27, 2002
    v6Lug/YWQ+kUWwRp4ok57Q
    Nilfun-

I know all of those things, and they are absolutely true! I still think his last statement was unnecessary, but I'm not going to dwell on it or anything. I realize that he was simply making an analogy, and doesn't feel that way himself; it just stung a little is all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit