What’s The Strangest Belief of Jehovah’s Witnesses?

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

There’s a lot. I think one strange view is how only 144000 go to heaven. Since the number is mentioned in the symbolic book of Revelation, you would expect that the number would be viewed as figurative, but JWs say otherwise.

• Jehovah lol
  • nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

To me, it is the belief that all their choices are there own. Not directed ( forced ) by threat of losing family, and many times, an entire "support" system of psudo-friends.

• minimus
    minimus

Witnesses are the epitome of love

• Sabendar
    Sabendar

Items owned by worldly people (or even weak members of the congregation) had a high potential of being "demonized". Thrift stores were out of the question... The Smurfs were WAY demonized, dolls were known for walking out of meetings in disgust and even attacking their owners. Some symbols and logos used by large corporations like Proctor & Gamble were demonic.

A Pac-Man arcade style mini video game was once gifted to me as a kid. My mom talked me into throwing it in the trash because of the little ghost that ran around inside the game.

Karate was bad because when you made those screams as you broke wooden blocks or bricks, you were calling on the demons to aid you. That sucked for me because I wanted to be a ninja and wanted a ninja suit so bad as a kid.

As a kid I didn't have many toys so I had a way of making things into toys. For example we had a cassette player to play the kingdom melodies on and listen to drama's etc... My sisters and I would sometimes find a blank recordable cassette and entertain ourselves by recording random stuff for hours. Long story short I took a blank cassette and put it in a player then set the player on record and walked away from it. The thing ended up recording all types of random noises in the background. That FREAKED my mom, elders had to come over and pray.

And that was just a small privy of my childhood before I discovered girls...

• Jehovah lol
    Jehovah lol

Elders had to come over and hide from their wives.

• minimus
    minimus

Sab, that was typical,sad to say

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I've always thought it was the strange belief that the secret sin of one in the congregation can remove God's Spirit from all other members, regardless of their faithfulness or need for support in rough times. It's simply moronic.

Also the warning that we can stumble others, while at the same time they say those who left "were not of our kind."

I'm glad I'm off that trolley.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

One very strange belief that stands out from the average crackpottery is the belief that all animals were vegetarians before the Flood.

Yes, tigers, lions, crocodiles, rattlesnakes, scorpions, box jellyfish, sharks and even mango worms are believed to be vegetarian before the Flood.

Anyone ever heard a JW say that sharks used to probably feed on seaweed?

Then, after the Flood, they became 'chaotic' ... remember that phrase?

The following clip shows a cougar stalking and killing a deer. It's not particularly nice viewing but please watch it.

The cougar's hunting methods are not 'chaotic' - far from it. The kill was extremely clinical. The deer's suffering was not prolonged. It was dispatched cleanly and swiftly, the cougar's final charge likely breaking the neck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hedZrvGUFlI

• Giordano
    Giordano

Everything they taught that Jesus never mentioned

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit