Does the WT EVER Admit to being Wrong?

by UnDisfellowshipped 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Sargon
    Sargon
    The modern Watch Tower Publishing Corporation takes pride in admitting they are wrong. One of their core teachings is the position that a requirement for a true organization is their willingness to admit to making mistakes.

Unfortunately the willingness to admit to having been mistaken will never translate into redressing the problems created by their errors. You'll never see a story in the watchtower saying:

We regret to inform you that the people who DF'd the people who were DF'd have now been DF'd themselves.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Oh, yes, they admit they are imperfect. But remember boys and girls, their motive is pure.

p. 18 Although the slave class is defined as faithful and discreet, Jesus did not say that it would be infallible. The group of faithful anointed brothers still consists of imperfect Christians. Even with the best of intentions, they can be mistaken, such as men sometimes were in the first century. (Acts 10:9-15; Galatians 2:8, 11-14) However, their motive is pure, and Jehovah is using them to supply us with study aids to build up our faith in Gods Word and promises.

December 1, 2002 WT, Enjoy Personal Study of Gods Word .

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

"However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die. 21 And in case you should say in your heart: "How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?" 22 when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him. -- Deut. 18: 20-22 21

Nowhere does the bible mention pure motives as being an excuse, otherwise the JWs could not condemn other religions...

"Not everyone saying to me, Lord, Lord, will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name? 23 And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew YOU! Get away from me, YOU workers of lawlessness. -- Matt. 7:21-23

Bottom line is this... If they speak in the name of Jehovah, and they turn out to be wrong... then they are false prophets and workers of lawlessness.

New light should never extinguish Old Light... New Light can only add to Old Light... otherwise the Old Light was speaking falsely in the name of Jehovah. This means that if they change anything they have ever said, then that was a false prophecy.

Edited by - Elsewhere on 14 February 2003 11:47:29

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Jeezzz, these guys piss me off.

I just love it that most of the time, the propaganda machine says..."Don't question the FDS and their pronouncements. If you are, you are working against god." Yet out of the other side of their mouths they specificly state that they are NOT claiming to be inspired or the direct mouthpiece of god, or even prophets. If things go in the crapper and innocents suffer....well then it's all "We are all imperfect."

My wife tries to use that argument on me to get me to go back. "Well, can't you forgive mistakes?" Sure, I can forgive mistakes, if they are owned up to and admitted. These men claim to be spokesmen of god. Well, I have news for you...If they are putting themselves in that postion, then unfair or not, they should be held to a higher level of accountability. As an individual, I have to admit my mistakes and take the lumps that my mistakes may cause. Why should an organization that is messing with peoples minds and hearts be above this?

Sorry...I just ain't buyin'.

Coon

• obiwan
    obiwan

Preach on CoonDawg!!

• Mr Fool
    Mr Fool

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit