Lies from the watchtower

by StephaneLaliberte 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

This is the link to JWfacts that has the Never die and May die quotes.

https://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/1925.php

• btlc
    btlc

David Splane on "the generation":

https://tv.jw.org/#en/mediaitems/StudioTalks/pub-jwban_201509_1_VIDEO

notice 2:50 - 3:30, that dude basically said that baby is not alive 10 min before its birth.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

...Jackson at ARC - presumptuous to claiming GB to be the sole channel to the divine

I like to see how words are used. As such there is a word that is usually left out of this quote. That word is "seem". Jackson said it may SEEM presumptuous to claim to be the sole channel. In that light what he said is completely different than what he meant. He never said it WAS presumptuous to make that claim. Just my 2ยข worth.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

FedUpJW: I totally agree with you. Unfortunately, that quote, when closely examined, would not be useful in court.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

btlc: I know the generation is spectacularly senseless by anyone outside of the JW org, yet, it is not a lie. It is a religious belief.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

days of future passed: Yep. this is a deliberate lie.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Another documented lie or set of lies was when the WTS leaders both under Russell and head bible theologian F Franz proclaimed that mankind has lived exactly 6000 years from Adam, first by Russell in the early 1900's , then by F Franz and N Knorr in 1941, then again in the late 1960's to create 1975 for a total of 3 times.

This is an incalculable date for its impossible to accurately date the existence of Adam through biblical chronology of when and how long he lived.

In other words it was just a devised counterfactual statement to heighten the notion that god could infect Armageddon onto humanity anytime soon. ...... fear mongering theological bullshit. (a lie)

• btlc
    btlc

I know the generation is spectacularly senseless by anyone outside of the JW org, yet, it is not a lie. It is a religious belief.

my point wasn't "the generation" itself, but the statement that baby wasn't alive 10 minutes before its birth ;)
  • StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

btlc: I watched the video and within its context, the explanation, as senseless as it may be, is still not a deliberate lie. We can easily infer that "alive" meant to be contemporaries with someone living. Could you really say that an unborn baby is contemporary with you right now? In fact, I doubt I would be able to say that about any babies and very young children. Anyways.. too much room for thought, I am looking for clearly obvious lies.

Changing "will never die" by "may never die" is such an example.

• TD
    TD

To be fair, the discourse was given under the title Millions Now Living May Never Die on one occasion. It was so well received that they changed the title to the more confident Millions Now Living Will Never Die thereafter. (I can flesh this out if necessary.)

I would still consider some statements about the Millions campaign to be false, but there is a kernel of truth here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit