Almost £1/4 million siphoned off?

by The Searcher 7 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

According to Charity Commission records - http://apps.charitycommission.gov.uk/Accounts/Ends60/0001065860_AC_20120331_E_C.pdf - the Chelsea & Kensington Kingdom Hall in the centre of London had in 2012, "Funds-on-deposit Arrangement to Branch" which amounted to £220,000.

I wonder how much they still have "On deposit", and how the fleeced sheep in that congregation are feeling now?

• cantleave
    cantleave
    Only a congregation in Chelsea could have that much to put on deposit.
  • floriferous
    floriferous
    I heard a congregation in the South West UK had £500,000 siphoned off by the Borg.
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

This is an interesting tell. If there are wealthy congregations out there who have given there surpluses to the borg then that could simply mean that there are no more extra money to go around for the borg at all. And that would explain there money situation right now. They have milked everyone dry. So now they have put up there two prize-posessions for sale in New York to try to milk those for the $1 Billion.

But what do they with it after that will be really telling. But how long will it take to sell it and how broke will they be?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So now they have put up there two prize-possessions for sale in New York to try to milk those for the $1 Billion.

Ah ... that has been in the works for years now. 5 or 6

What is seen right though is that the WTS wants to consolidate its assets and downsize its operations that were getting too expensive anyways, the reason most likely for the Branch sell offs, too expensive to print and support every cost involved to keep a printing branch open and operational.

The real estate modernization of certain branches is what the WTS is striving for. ie. digital data information via. JWorg.

Realistically lets assume the WTS heads know about every piece of literature that the WTS has produced has been proven false and misleading since its inception as a relgoius publishing house and you realize that the actual costs to operate the publishing manufacturing operations is financially unsustainable.

What would you do ?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I'd have to consolidate, downsize and sell off. As a corporation.
  • pepperheart
    pepperheart
    I think they are down sizing because they want to still be around in 15 or 20 years time
  • fukitol
    fukitol

They have to get the money somehow to pay out all the paedophile victims.

ARC alone likely to recommend $10k minimum compensation each for the 1000+ victims who the WBTS never reported to the police. Or an equivalent class action amount.

The WBTS is facing financial ruination in Australia, and this is just the beginning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit