How did you imagine the end happening?

by DblOSmith 20 Replies latest jw friends

• DblOSmith
    DblOSmith

I always imagined it as being the sky turning different shades of purple and finally seeing colors I've never seen before. loud lightening, thunder in all directions... I would hear god speak, then the sky would turn red, and I'd see angels coming down from the sky and devils go up and fight in the sky... kinda like in Raiders of the Lost Arc. It would last 40 years, then the earth would split and open all demons would be cast below, and then 2 weeks of rain will cleanse the earth and the paradise would grow from the ash and neutrient rich rain.

...or am I just crazy? :) What do you guys think?

• Brummie
    Brummie
    ...or am I just crazy?

Yep your crazy.

I always imagined it as being the sky turning different shades of purple and finally seeing colors I've never seen before. loud lightening, thunder in all directions... I would hear god speak

Thats exactly how I used to see it and dream it. I am crazy too huh.

Brummie

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

When I was a dub, sometimes I would imagine what it would be like "The End/Armageddon".

To me it was...yeah, sort of like "Raiders of the Lost Ark" but way more freakier.

I was afraid of thunderstorms for awhile, never knowing if the 'next one' was going to be Armageddon.

Some of the publications painted some pretty scary images of what was to come.

Thunderstorms nowadays, don't bother me. ONLY if there's a tornado watch/warning...well naturally, I'd be afraid for a good reason. The thing is, I wouldn't view it as god's wrath or anything. That's simply: nature.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I had a dream once in which one day the President decreed that everyone had to carry some sort of political card and if you didn't you would be sent to a federal penitentiary for two years. Naturally the Society came out against it. So my wife and I stayed up all night talking and decided to follow the commandment and so we were convicted and sentenced. A social worker came and took our children away and my wife and I were sent to separate prisons. Funny thing was in the dream everything was "normal", I mean all things were functioning just as they are now. Nothing unusual was going on (define unusual). Anyway so here I was in this federal prison, six months later the sky turned black like at night; you could see the stars and moon. And in the middle of the sky a hole opened and Jesus and the angels poured out riding horses. Then literally in the blink of an eye the prison and everything around me disappeared and I found myself standing in the middle of a field with a handful of other people. My family came walking over a nearby hill. And then a voice in my head said, "Now you can live happily ever after."

Weird dream. It came complete with music and special effects. Don't know if it won an Oscar or not.

• DblOSmith
    DblOSmith

Yeah, i was kinda afraid of deep thunderstorms for a while. never new when a bad one would morph into THE END.

• DblOSmith
    DblOSmith
    in the middle of the sky a hole opened and Jesus and the angels poured out riding horses.

Damn that Revelation book. :)

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Weird dream. It came complete with music and special effects. Don't know if it won an Oscar or not

Mwahahahaha

When I had these dreams while leaving the JWs I used to always be in a foriegn land, something like Afghanistan or shumpthink.

Oh yeah the Revelation Climax book always inspired some wonderful colourful nightmares.

• heathen
    heathen

I've always thought that there would be some kind of nuclear holocaust that would devestate the planet . Then if I managed to live through that of course jesus would be coming in the clouds and destroy what was left of the military then go to restoring the planet for those that he chose worthy of living here. I wasn't a witness but had some discussion with some on my hypothesis . Some thought it was possible and even mentioned it at a book study one night .Then I was warned about the dangers of speculation and how I should just wait and see what the WT had to say .

• Michael Collins
    Michael Collins

I thought the end would be something as described in the book and film On The Beach, where they have the atomic war and radiation kills everyone.

Anybody have other favourite End of The World Films that they enjoyed?

Michael

• whyhideit
    whyhideit

I thought it would be some large earthquake or something. I figured natural disasters would happen on a large scale and people would be dying all around me. I always wondered though, what about collateral damage. After all, with all that fury of God being thrown around. Isn't there a chance a few of God's chosen people would take one for the team?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit