How many did you get then?

by ozziepost 22 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Since it's now the worldly, pagan celebration day known as "Valentine's Day", I was wondering, Did you send or receive any Valentine's Cards?

Do you feel "guilty" about it?

Mrs Ozzie loved hers! It's nothing new for us, we used to surreptitiously mark the occasion even years ago. It just seems nice and romantic............and you all know that old Ozzie's a romantic!

So, how about you?

Cheers, Ozzie

• Celia
    Celia

My husband does not have a drop of romanticism in him... I don't really understand the big deal about St. Valentine's Day, just too commercial.... but hubby doesn't even remember our wedding anniversary, and he has never given me any jewelry, not even a ring for our wedding....

Edited by - Celia on 13 February 2003 18:37:44

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

That's sad. Hope there are good points in other ways.

Ozzie

• Celia
    Celia

not these days...........

• ugg
    ugg

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( celia )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Oz, this is off the subject, are you still visiting H20? If so, is it busy?

Guest 77

• ugg
    ugg

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( celia ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Guest,

I visit occasionally and post there occasionally "for old times sake" but it's very quiet these days.

Still, it's nice to be here.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Celia
    Celia

Ozzie, I am sorry, I didn't want to hijack your post.... I must say that I don't miss cards or presents on Valentine's Day, because growing up in France it was not something that was celebrated. I know it was a big deal in Great Britain. Kids in Kindergarten and first grade here in the US give cards to all their classmates, even the ones they don't like... it's a must

• Skeptic
    Skeptic

This year, I am single and free, so no Valentine's cards to send out or receive. My son just prepared his for his class.

Nope, no guilt. I love spoiling my love on Valentine's Day. I always thought the rule against holidays was stupid.

After I left the JWs, I took my JW wife out to dinner on Valentine's Day. When reasoning with her, I used the QFR that shows how worldy men can take their JW wife to Christmas dinner. You see, the hubby gets to tell her where she can eat, a fact I shamelessly exploited.

Plus, for some reason, the local elders hinted very strongly that she should "put up" with her worldly husband, even allowing him to celebrate holidays.

My wife loved it!

Later, I got to spoil Windrider. It felt good being her first memory of getting roses, etc. on Valentine's Day.

Richard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit