Watchtower loses one (parking)!!

by metatron 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisca
    Prisca

Metatron - is that for ALL conventions or just the one in your area?

• zev
    zev

All conventions, prisca...
    That same announcement was read to us here in the east u.s. months ago.

__
    zev
    Sitting on the Wrong Side of the Fence Class

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

I definitely want all my money back. I could have a kicken' vacation with all the money I spent on conventions!!!
    TW

• outnfree
    outnfree

I wanna know the answer to Stephen's question:

Did the KM say they NEGOTIATED Free Parking?

Amazing how so many will never know why they're now getting a FREE RIDE! (Park?)

outnfree

• outnfree
    outnfree

Hey! It just occurred to me. Maybe if you DON'T have a badge, you DO get charged for parking?

Don't despair, Fred, you may still have a job as a cashier!!!

outnfree

• mole
    mole

NEWSFLASH!!!!-KM May 2001 "Do Good and be Praised!"

Paragraph 7 NO TAILGATING BROS. AND SISTERS!!

"While it has been suggested that we bring a light lunch to eat at noon, it is not appropriate to set up tables in the parking lot to serve a large meal. This would give the impression of the tailgate parties that are common at sporting events."

Unbelievable....

• waiting
    waiting
    it is not appropriate to set up tables in the parking lot to serve a large meal.

One of the infamous grey areas, not appropriate areas, etc. What would people think? People might get the mistaken impression jw's were having a good time, like people at sports events who tailgate. And lord! To think that persons might wish to sit, even enjoy friends during the 2 hour lunch time provided by the WTBTS. Oh, we can do that! We just can't sit at a table! The WTBTS provides the time - then tells us where to eat (not at a folding table) and what kind of meal (no big ones.)

Can't be mistaken for having fellowship and a decent meal, now can we?
    Of course, it's ok to stand with your kids, or sit in a hot car, or sit on a blanket and have lunch - but can't have a folding table and some chairs for a relaxed time, can we?

JW's are eventually going to be appropriated strangled from lack of participation in life's little pleasures - like sitting to share a meal at the appropriate lunch time.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit