What do the elders do to a

by berylblue 29 Replies latest jw friends

• berylblue
    berylblue

...severely emotionally injured Witness suffering from bi-polar illness as well as a severe dissociative disorder (multiple personalities) whose husband left her and has no friends in the congregation, who starts smoking?

Disfellowship her.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Beryl

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Hmmm. Why am I not surprised? Might as well ask what the Taliban would do to such a person. Same thing (course their 'disfellowshipping' is a quick death)

• berylblue
    berylblue

Yes, and when my daughter was d/a for not screaming during a sexual assault, I was told we were lucky because in Israel they would have stoned her to death; she got off the hook easy.

I am neither lying nor exaggerating. It's all true.

Beryl

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

My mother used to use the 'stoning' story on us ALL the time. You could just feel the love. "Good thing you weren't in Isreal 'cause we would have had to stone you." Usually for such such great offenses as having lied about hanging out w/ friends, or finding 'offensive music', etc. Yea, good thing we weren't born in Iran mom, cause you would have to work your ass off, be one of 14 wives, allow your children to be sexually and physically abused, and keep your trap shut at all times. Wishing doesn't make it so ...

• berylblue
    berylblue

I have spent the last few days reading all the information about the WTS on the internet. I am shocked. Appalled. Disgusted. And I feel used, dirty and violated. UN? Shale mines? Pollution? The more I read, the worse it gets. My trust has been completely betrayed, and in the worst possible ways. And the child abuse?

I'm in a state of shock....

Beryl

"And had I but known last summer what I now understand

I'd have never set my foot inside this bleak and bitter land."

Al Stewart, "Coldest Winter in Memory"

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Bery...you are only as good as the last thing you did wrong you know? There is no mercy for you if you have a "condition"...if they wont even recognize depression as something a JW can HAVE...they wont even blink in the general direction of bipolar. Whatever you have...its your FAULT you know. If you werent so unspiritual, Jehovah wouldnt be doing this to you. You know the drill. All that stuff you are reading about our former brethren online here? ALL true. Stick around. It'll make all your little hairs stand on end.

Be thankful you are FREE of them. Next thing you know youd be off joining the YMCA or something equally as heinous in Jehovahs eyes...you SINNER you!!

Welcome.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: ...severely emotionally injured Witness suffering from bi-polar illness as well as a severe dissociative disorder (multiple personalities) whose husband left her and has no friends in the congregation, who starts smoking?

I've said this many times in the past and will say it again: "Jehovah's Witnesses are the only religion who shoot their own wounded."

Farkel

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    "Jehovah's Witnesses are the only religion who shoot their own wounded."

How true! How true!

A dub is only as good as their last report.

Ozzie

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

My older sis had a similar experience. She was DF because she wanted help and confessed an infidelity...even though she was in a very physically abusive relationship and has SEVERE bi-polar disorder along with a healthy dose of Paranoid shizzophrenia. Even when they reinstated her years later...and knew all the circumstances. Not so much as a F*ck you very much. or anything.

Coon

• Shakita
    Shakita

So sorry, berylblue, for what the "loving elders" have put you and your daughter through.

It is true that, "By your fruits you will know them." Let's just say that if they keep up their current "loving" posture, all the good people will hit the road and leave behind a crumbling organization. We can only hope!

Welcome to the board.

Mrs. Shakita

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit