What is your opinion on this?

by crownboy 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Here in Texas driving is a privilege, not a right. If they do not wish to live with the law as written there is always the state legislature or another country, but for non citizens telling us how to conduct our business is going too far.

• Francois
    Francois

I'm with the government on this, and that's the first time I can remember saying that in a looooooooooooong time.

francois

• happyout
    happyout

"A coalition including the Civil Liberties Union, Jewish Community Action, American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee and the Somali Community of Minnesota says the new rules don't treat everyone the same thereby violating the constitution's equal protection clause under the 14th amendment."

No, in this case, they ARE treating everyone the same, requiring a Driver's license to be a legitimate form of identification. Damn hard to identify someone with a veil on, don't you think?

I have to echo Francois (scary though that is ), and say I actually agree with the government 100% on this one, a rare occurence. I also agree that if you don't like the laws, you should leave.

• Dawn
    Dawn

I also agree that if you don't like the laws, you should leave

.......or, walk everywhere and pay cash. Noone's holding a gun to their head and telling them they HAVE to get a license.

Wouldn't they expect US to live by THEIR laws in THEIR country?!! Get real.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit