Yizuman's Updated Report - Part Four

by Yizuman 17 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

Yizu, I hope you don't get upset by Sheila's comments. I know what she means and what she is getting at. Yes, you are in a tight spot, but we have all been there at one time or another. The only thing we can do is give you information on resources, and this has been done. Now it is up to you. I ask again if you are getting food stamps and public assistance. If not, why not? I will also repeat Sheila's question, are you out shoveling snow. If not, why not? As far as going to a big city to stay in a shelter - you do what you have to do.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Hello Yizuman,

Larc has made three very good points,

1. ALL of us have many problems to deal with.

2. Have you registered for meal stamps and public assistance?

3.Get a job. ANY JOB! BUT keep looking for a BETTER JOB, and climb the ladder! If you put in the effort, you will never look back!

BTW, Yiz, I think it would be a good idea to post your JW history.

Spanner

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Yiz..

I have never posted to you before...but your post kind of struck me. I have been out of work for a couple of weeks. My philosophy has been this....Make getting a job..your job. No matter what it takes. I also realize that my situation is no where near as dire as what yours apperars to be, but it has been in the past. Once, my mother sent me money without me asking for it, because she knew that my pride wouldn't allow me to ask. It really pulled my ass out of the fire. As to moving to a big city...well...you gotta go to where the work is. Sometimes we have to work at jobs that get us by, even though they are not our job of choice. Hell, once I was working for a 16 yr. old kid in the woods. He'd fell the trees and section them and I'd split the logs and stack them on the truck to be delivered. I was only making 5 bucks an hour...but it was more than I was making sitting on my ass crying about it.

Also...though you do not prefert the city life, they do have mass transit so that transportation isn't quite the issue like it is if you live in BFE. Hang in there because if a man is willing to work and work hard, he'll almost always have a job somewhere.

BTW...update...I just got accepted for a job working for an environmental company as a driver (I went through CDL training some years ago.) I'll start next week getting all my extra Hazmat training and a background check from the DEA. I'll be hauling materials that are cleaned up from busted drug labs.

Good luck, Yiz...

Coon

PS...a CDL is like an ATM card....good at over 500,000 locations nationwide.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Yiz,

Hang in there because if a man is willing to work and work hard, he'll almost always have a job somewhere

AMEN!!

AND I work my butt off!!

Spanner

• christopherceo
    christopherceo

Reading these threads this morning about yizuman is the first I have heard of the situation along with the dialogue since I am fairly new to the forum, but yiz...I gotta say something to you.

I totally agree with sheilam. If you were here to scam somebody out of money, you lost. Give it up and move on. The game is over. If your personal story is true, I feel sorry for you, BUT...YOU gotta do something about it. If they had an award show for successful people with disabilities, you would not be there but a lot of other people would be. Why? Because they tried, they did not let their disability hold them back. Instead, they realized the challenge they had to face, they stood up to it, and they overcame. Could you imagine what it would feel like to accomplish your goals all on your own? I too have had to ask for financial help from family members, but never from total strangers, and it sucks. It takes a great deal of internal energy, that puts a strain on your body almost enough to give you stroke, to sincerely ask for help. How much better it would be to put that energy into something more productive and satisfying like doing things for yourself on your own. That's a good feeling, I strongly suggest you look into it, put your internet skills to better use and do for yourself instead of relying on others.

ChristopherCEO

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Sorry to hear of your court outcome with the landlord. I was hoping that you could find the needed money to bring your account up to date, so that you would not be evicted.

Did the Judge mention anything about being allowed to stay if he was paid in full?

I'm still interested in hearing updates on your situation. You can post them at my board.

http://members2.boardhost.com/newlight2/?970193945

(((((((((( Yiz )))))))))))))))

NewLight2

• enjoy
    enjoy

Yizuman

Sorry to hear about all of your troubles, but things always work at in the long run... Give it all you got, start over and embrace what life gives you... I know that is easy to say, but that is all that we can do.. live life, in the ups and downs.. There is alot of support here, and non-support, but you will come out of this allright just trust in yourself and HELP YOURSELF... YOU can beat this, good luck and keep us posted on your progress....

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Thanks folks for all of the encouragement.

Stopped by the library today to browse some newspapers for jobs and a place to stay. Trying to see if I can find a "roommate wanted" and see if I can find someone to allow me to stay with whatever income I may be receiving until I get a much better job and a place of my own.

Still waiting word from the Welfare office and the check from the unemployment office to help me get back on my feet somehow.

My sis and bro in law is coming tomorrow with boxes for me to pack my clothes and stuff for me to take to the Christian Missions where I may likely end up staying until I get my life in order.

My sis talked my dad who has reluntly agreed to tow my mobile home out of the mobile park and we'll clean it up to sell it so the mortgage loan from the bank can be paid back in full. I really hate to lose my home of 8 years.
    If any money was made left over from selling the mobile home, it will go towards into paying off the rent debt.

I hate big cities, but I hope I come out ok when I get my life back on track. Dunno where I can find jobs in a big city. Guess I need to pick up a book "Big Cities for Dummies"

Plus my car will have to go to my grandmother's farm since I can't take it with me to a big city. Prolly will have it towed or get it fixed so either I or someone else can drive it there. So I guess I'll be taking a bus from then on.

Alot of my stuff will have to be stored in a storage facility and my sis will do that for me. Hope nothing will get stolen while they are stored.

Pretty much all I can say.

Yizuman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit