by Englishman 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

This is me:

Parents converted to dubdom 1954.

Commenced door knocking 1956.

Baptised Yankee Stadium assembly 1958.

Running 3 Bible studies 1965.

Giving public talks in many different congregations 1966.

Ministerial Servant, 2 jobs, 1966.

Disfellowshipped 1972.

Learned, via Friday on H20, that the Faithful and Discrete Slave Class is the term used for the 144, 000 on Earth, 2002.

During my entire witness life, commencing in 1954, right though until 2002, a time span of 38 years, I had always thought that the Faithful and Discrete Slave term applied to the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

Either I wasn't a very good student who's heart was never in the ways of JW's, or I was just picking up the general gist of things, I have no idea. But, how could I have remained so uninformed and so undetected for all of those years?

Weird.

Did you ever get it wrong about anything?

Englishman.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Englishman.

Learned, via Friday on H20, that the Faithful and Discrete Slave Class is the term used for the 144, 000 on Earth, 2002.

I would suggest if you were not already disfellowshipped, you should be ! LOL

I always thought the FDSC was the governing body in Bethel. It wasn't until I started doing research in the mid 90's that I realized it applied to the 144,000. Like they are consulted by the GB for direction. I can see it now. Brother so and so in so and so congregation who is of the annointed, sending a letter to the GB, telling them of a vision he received, or new light he discovered through God's holy spirit.....Yeah Right !

Yeah I did. I believed that Armageddon was coming in 1975. Go Figure !

xjw_b12

" Millions Now Living Will Never Know "

• heathen
    heathen

Englishman-- NOone has a 1000 batting average when it comes to interpreting things of that nature . Even their faithful slave class has blundered in very big ways in the past . Most dubs just seem to go through life without questioning anything or taking the chance of being shunned . ARe you sure that's not one of their teachings ? I mean since the WT does print and distribute their literature and they are supposedly made up of an annointed society it would be easy to say that you were correct in dub thinking.

• Will Power
    Will Power

Englishman

The teachings that are "unique" to JWs are not bible based, that is why you were kept in the dark. They do it with trickery. That is why so many JWs believe that "Jesus" is their mediator when in fact the WTs official stand is that THEY being "legal representatives" are the only mediators on earth today. (the disgusting thing in the holy place.) When the avg JW finds this out & questions it, they are said to be going against God. You know what happens next.

terah, Will

• somebody
    somebody

Hi Englishman,

I thought that the 144,000 were all born in 1914.

peace,

somebody

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Uhm, yeah. I thought I knew for certain the JW were the truth.

But when it comes to JW doctrine, nah, I was pretty good. I'm sure I'll be astoinded that I got something wrong in the future, but it hasn't happened yet. What a loser am I

• anglise
    anglise

To confuse this further I think you will find that the F&D slave is the remnant of the 144,000 not the whole group.

Anglise

• somebody
    somebody

To confuse this further I think you will find that the F&D slave is the remnant of the 144,000 not the whole group.

And to confuse a little more, the anointed are the Christian Congregation. All the other JWs are only associates of the Christian congregation.

peace,

somebody

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

er, yeah.. you should have known that, lol.

• Valis
    Valis

Englishman..this made me think back to my youth....I remember that word so many times and my conception of it was always of "someone wise directed by something wise..." kind of like a secret as to who they were, but not a secret because we had the Bethel freaks visiting or having them talk at conventions all the time. Confusing indeed, but you can see how such confusion would keep most off point... You know the old saying..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "Faithless and Indiscrete" class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit