UPDATE: Oregon sex abuse case!!!

by avishai 19 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Thanks for the update Avaishi, we knew the Muirs!!!

Ven

• avishai
    avishai

Ven, yeah, nice people. And honorable, obviously, it's tough to come forward.

• avishai
    avishai

bttt

• waiting
    waiting

Avishi - thanks for the article. So many kids.

Thanks for the breakdown, Alan. The WTBTS is so good at just walking aside of truthful statements. So close, yet lies.

waiting

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Click here for information on the Watchtower's lead lawyer,Philip Brumley http://www.dannyhaszard.com/brumley/brumley.htm

• blondie
    blondie

This is why I hate old threads being resurrected without any real new info.

Blondie

• avishai
    avishai

I just noticed your reply, blondie, even though it was a few mo. ago. And I'm going to do something you don't like!!

Most of these cases are still ongoing, as is this one. Even if the article is old, Almost none of these cases has been resolved, it takes years. Then, after that, there will still be appeals, which will take even longer. However, I think people need to know that these cases have'nt just "gone away" Also, anyone new who reads this may have new info. theres tons of newbies since this post.

• blondie
    blondie

Additonal info is nice or a new slant on the info is helpful, even tieing it in with the many new cases that have been filed by people against the Catholic Church. If these people in SNAP and Linkup can establish legal precedents and changes in the statutes of limitations and reporting laws, not only Catholics will benefit.

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&edition=us&ie=UTF-8&scoring=d&q=catholic+abuse+sexual

• avishai
    avishai

Thank's blondie!!!! I know how much you do in this field, (((((blondie))))

• amac
    amac

How irritating!!!! I agree with your post Alan about Brumley side stepping the issue. He says:

Brumley, the Watchtower Society lawyer, said that the elders aren't to blame for acts committed by another person. He says McKenzie wasn't even an official congregation member, though he may have attended some meetings.

"To our knowledge, he was never a baptized Witness," Brumley said.

No one is accusing them of being responsible for acts committed by others. What they are accussing them of is not doing anything about it and having a policy in place that prohibits anything being done!

How frustrating!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit