Just finished my DA letter

by pr_capone 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Maverick
    Maverick

You bring up many valid points and I am sure you have seen the correction about Russell/Rutherford. But are you sure you want to take this tact? There may be another option. Check out the Baptism Nullification letter in this forum. You could send that Letter to the Society and with some minor changes send the other letter to not just to the Elders you addressed it to but to everyone who knows you. If you take out any mention of dissassociation they will not be able to view you that way. The advantage is that any "thinking" Witnesses who are seen talking to you cannot be officially punished and if the Elders gossip about you they leave themselves open to be sued for slander. Take the stick out of their hands. You do not have to play by their rules. You are not the apostate. Are you claiming to be Gods sole channel on Earth? Are you claiming that loyalty to you is proof of loyalty to God? Are you usurping Christ as mediator between mankind and God? Of course not. You are only "guilty" of using the brain God gave you. Yours, Maverick

• email
    email

Eric,

I know it was a hard decision to make because of the consequences especially in cases where you have family and/or friends in the org. but it is a decision that I trully respect because of the courgage it takes to do it.

Hope everything works great for you.

Your Friend,

Rick

Edited by - email on 13 February 2003 9:26:53

• Sangdigger
    Sangdigger

Good letter, well thought out. I like how you challenged him to see for himself whats going on.

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

Great letter! Your view is well explained with just enough detail. I like your closiing instructions. I'm keeping it for future reference. I hope to formally get out of Babylon too one day soon.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Thank you all for your replies and pointing out my error with Russel/Rutherford.... I will be sure to make that change prior to sending it off.

Maverick - I understand what you are saying but this is something that I feel I have to do to finaly be rid of them. The longer that I continue to be a memer, albiet an inactive one, the harder it is going to be to shake the JW mentality that I still have in me.

To whomever asked how young I am (my screen will not go down that far) - I am 22 going on 40 thanks to the WTBTS

To whomever spellchecked it - I will be sending you an email soon, thanks!

Rick - Thank you buddy, hope you can make it to Dallas :D

• LB
    LB

Nicely written letter Eric. When I wrote mine there was a huge sense of relief. When my name was announced there was a milisecond of doubt but that went quickly away. Actually since my DA letter I have been approached by more JW"s than when I was just inactive. Interesting isn't it? Many more witnesses are thinking about the society and I believe every time a name is announced they have to just wonder why.

• sf
    sf

Hello pr,

{{ hug }}

I am involved in a few 'projects' re: exposing some of the more 'political' aspects of this corrupt corporation, such as some of what is contained in your brilliant letter. I'm also about to embark on actually 'coming out' with who I am and what I'm 'fighting' for...all Watchtower kids, past, present, and hopefully never, future jw kids! It is something locally, within my community. Yet my hopes and my GOAL is for this embarkment to go statewide and perhaps even snowball nationally. That said......

I have this 'idea' of printing up some of these letters of disassociation written by people such as yourself, you have lived the WT life and now want to 'leave' It, and displaying them to the public in various ways. Your real name can be kept on the DOCUMENT or you can allow me to just use the screen name. These documents will then be BLOWN UP to porportions that are conveniently visable to any public eye that WITNESSES it.

Already in my community I have circulated much WT info on key issues; such as the 'pedophile paradise', U.N.--RAND/Regi (all military related) DOCS, shunning policy, in which DESTROYS FAMILY NUCLEUS', and a host of other related materials.

My desire is to circulate these letters, AS WELL. Written by people who lived as a jw and who can now show, thru documentation, WT literature itself and also the two key sites on the web (freeminds and silentlambs) that it is indeed a FRAUDULENT ENTERPRISE. When people see these letters, it my hope that it will MOVE THEM to ACT FOR ALL CHILDREN, [[ESPECIALLY]] WATCHTOWER KIDS.

Picture this:

Me, the sKallywagger, holding an interview, here in my community, right in front of one of the local kingdom halls. On the public portion of the property, of course. Holding up letters, DOCS, websites and 'such', and giving my county a grand inoculation of 'all things WT'.

Or this:

A five minute, live spot, at my local city council meeting with documents in toe and websites on tap, Alerting! my community of who may be potentially knocking on their doors, after sharing with them all related jw/sex abuse materials. I can have this spot once a month I believe. I have to read the pamphlet again to make sure. Each month a different issue re: this 'church' in our town.

THE NATIONS SHALL KNOW alrighty!

I can hardly wait to see how this develops. Yet I need permission to use what I can from these letters and docs to accomplish what I have in mind...what my 'producer' has in mind I should say.

I fully understand if you decline. Fully.

Thank you for sharing.

sKally

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

You are welcome to use my letter. Let me make some of the gramatical changes to it and if you like I can email it to you within the next day or so!

send me an e-mail at [email protected] that way I have an addy to send this email to.

Cheers!

Eric

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

VERY good letter, Eric! I look forward to meeting you in a couple of weeks and we'll toast your freedom!

Nina

• sf
    sf

Thank you for the quick reply.

If it is just 'gramm' errors, I can fix those.

I have email locked tight right now.

Yet, if that is your wish, it is my command.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit