Well, I'm unofficially shunned

by reubenfine 13 Replies latest jw friends

• reubenfine
    reubenfine

I sat on my hands for months, wrote emails that I never sent, and finally I told my family about the UN scandal. My mom still loves me although she disagrees, but my sisters told her that they are having a family get together and I'm not invited because I'm an apostate. My mom says if they are going to talk about me then she isn't going. I just couldn't go on without telling my family about about the GB's deception. They can do what they want, but I feel better doing what I thought was right. It's pitiful how they are so brainwashed. Grown people that can't handle the truth. I told my mom that I'm disappointed they would act in such a way without showing me where I am wrong. Where's the love?? Well, I just had to share it. I don't always agree with everyone here, but I accept you all for who you are. Thanks to all here for being my new family! You're stuck with me.

(Lyle of the apostate class)

• ISP
    ISP

I am 'marked' apparently!

ISP

• shera
    shera

Well,I'm sure we are happy to be stuck with you.

We all have the right to speak our minds,buts too bad we can't do that with JW's.As well,you had to loose family because of what you choose to believe.

Take care.

• happyout
    happyout

This is exactly why I left. If I can't speak my mind, and believe what logic tells me to believe, then I am useless. I admire you for your courage in talking to your family. I haven't talked to mine about the reasons I left, although it's been more than 10 years. They associate with me, but don't invite me to their "witness" parties, so I miss out on anniversaries and stuff like that. I have it a lot better than most, though.

Good luck to you, and thanks for being part of my "family".

Happyout

• reubenfine
    reubenfine

Thanks for the support. Somehow in my naive mind I thought there was a slight hope that facts and the truth meant something. Oh well, maybe a seed was planted. Who knows!

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

At least your mom sounds cool for not being joining in with your sisters. Maybe you should tell your sisters you consider them Apostates from true Christianity, but you will follow the example of Christ and love them in spite of it WITHOUT shunning them.

Hang in there.

• alamb
    alamb

Hi Lyle! Good for your mom, shame on your family. It always is a disappointment when they don't show the courage to think. Well, we're glad to have you....and keep planting, it worked on alot of us.

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

Hi Ruebenfine:

be thankful your mother still speaks to you, as far as your siblings are, poo on them. When you ask, where is the love? right, where is that Christ like love they are suppose to follow?

heres a twist from what my husband has had to deal with, His parents are no longer around and his two sisters and one brother all live in different areas. they shun us, They are not witnesses and they don't talk to us because we were, it is because they feel we owe them money. We haven't heard from them in over 15 years. does it bother us? NO. we go on with our lives

You can't change them, so for you, be who you are and be surrounded by those who love you.

(((((((((((( HUGS ))))))))))))

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Good work Reuben, glad to know your mom isn't shunning you, and it sounds like you're not missing too much with your sisters.

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

Reuben - you are in good company here. It's tough when family severs ties, but again, as you said, "where's the love?" My mom still talks to me and says 'I'm not going to tell your father."

Mrs Rocky

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit