The Reign of Amaygadala

by SheilaM 12 Replies latest social entertainment

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I hope you find this amusing, this short narrative is a "Monster telling". You take a normal thing and with exaggeration make it into a Monster. The Amaygadala is the part of the brain that controls anger, impulses etc. This was a school assignment.

The Reign of Amaygadala

I started this morning, I sensed the change almost immediately, the time was ripe, a subtle shift in her hormone levels, the start of my time, heh, heh, heh. I stretched and pulsed and made my presence known, I Amygadalla. I sent my feelers out to double check, no use reeking havoc at the wrong time. That could cause more problems like, medications to keep things in check.

The boys came back with an affirmative from the ovaries and the uterus said it was good to go. So it begins, I notified the twins Hypothalamus and Thalamus they began to chant, slowly, then pause then chant again. This always gets me goin 'as I smelled the adrenaline that began to course through my world.

By now she was getting dressed, the agitation was causing her muscles to tighten and her heart to pound. It was then I was in my realm, I breathed faster and faster with each breath I expanded now THEY would know who had "the powa."

I commanded the reticular formation to keep a low profile, attention and being alert was not what I needed from this bitch! I started taunting the cerebellum describing in detail the times that she had let her precious captor down. I elaborated on the incident last week , the time that Bella was off in la la land and Ms. Bitch almost took a header down the basement stairs. Bella had been on the clock since, ever vigilant drinking vast quantities of coffee When I had worked her into a state of frenzy I calculated would last until the start of things it was then I became what I was meant to be, the King in his Kingdom. I ordered the frontal lobe to stop his filtering or to face exile. I then ordered all the areas of the brain to run at minimum capacity by order of me The Amaygadala.

By now she was in her car cursing and screaming, pounding on the steering wheel and using sign language that I didnt understand. I cackled, I chuckled, I roared with laughter I felt the waves of anger, hatred and I screamed in victory I AM KING, I AM GOD, I AM THE AMYGADALA! Well, for at least of few days of the month.

Edited by - SheilaM on 12 February 2003 15:51:0

Edited by - SheilaM on 12 February 2003 15:54:50

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

<thinking to herself hmmm 16 views no posts, maybe it wasn't funny after all>

• Robdar
    Robdar

Sheila,

I think it's hysterical.

Perhaps others are not responding because they haven't had anatomy/physiology. Or, maybe they don't see the humor of the amaygadala as being an evil dominator who looks forward to "that time of the month". Or perhaps your referral to the amaygadala as being a king is too dichotomous? Also, perhaps those that have read it so far are guys. Guys will never relate to what if feels like to go through PMS.

I think you are going to easily get an A+. You are very talented Sheila.

Love ya,

Robyn

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Thanks Robyn

for SheilaM who is already out of posts

• Robdar
    Robdar

Thunder Rider,

Please tell Sheila, in case she is in class, that I thought that the story was quite clever. She should think of writing sci-fi short stories.

Love yas,

Robyn

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Robyn:

Thanks very much, I love to write but have not attempted sci-fi although I love to read it.

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Yes, Yes, she is a very talented my Sheila. I think the story will however part the hair of most readers. Wouldst more of us stretch the boundaries of our intellect instead of our libidos and waistlines.

<of the Proud as hell of my girl class >

Thunder

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Is that really what happens? Wow, it explains so much about my wife.

Great story Sheila! My favorite part was this:

The boys came back with an affirmative from the ovaries and the uterus said it was good to go. So it begins, I notified the twins Hypothalamus and Thalamus they began to chant, slowly, then pause then chant again.
    I know how hard it is putting a story out there. But this was fun. Good job!
  • Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Sheila,

Whenever the Amaygadala monster hits our neighbor hood we just dowse him with this!

Works ALMOST every time!

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

By the wayloved your story!!! Who is the novelist? You or Thunder?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit