Is it difficult to believe in a loving God?

by Kosonen 14 Replies latest jw friends

• psyco
    psyco

It is a really confusing matter.

In the OT God did everything for the love of His name which comes first. Then, have we been created with the same kind of "love"?

At the same time, apparently for the love of His name, He did not protect the correct pronunciation of His name to be forgotten and its presence in the NT to be removed...

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I’m not going to punish her future generations of children for it for all eternity.

And yet God says this, "I Jehovah your God am a God . . . bringing punishment for the error of fathers upon sons, upon the third generation and upon the fourth generation."
    So why do JW's not imitate THAT? They should continually punish their children, their grandchildren, and if they live long enough their great grandchildren for any infractions. I wonder how that would go with secular authorities? Seems like imperfect people have some standards that are higher than a divine being.

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming

I saw a tattoo once that epitomizes my thoughts. “If there is a god, he will have to beg for my forgiveness.”

• blondie
    blondie

The reason I stopped associating with jws is that after over 40 years, I never saw real love shown but by a few jws. Not the public relations stuff, but what really went on behind closed doors or behind people's backs. The jws talk the talk, but they don't walk the walk. "If you say that someone talks the talk but does not walk the walk, you mean that they do not act in a way that agrees with the things they say"

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

If the word "God" is pointing to the Source of all existence, then God must be the fount of pristine unadulterated love to which nothing can compare. What is this love? I can't say for sure, but intuitively suspect that it must be greater than what us mere humans can imagine.

I can imagine a love that can do no harm. A truly unconditional love. A love full of wisdom and vision that can see and heal the wounds suffered by and forming the most "vile" and "evil" human being. A light of love that can brighten the darkest of dark. Certainly God's love must be greater still.

Is this the love presented in the "God" of the Bible who slaughters at the drop of a hat, or will destroy you or torture you forever if you do not bow to its bruised ego? Hell no! Most every human is far more loving and forgiving than the monstrous deity depicted in the pages of the Bible. But this was done on purpose. The pages of the Bible were written to fill the meek with fear so that the religious leaders can control them. Perhaps the most corrupt conspiracy in human history.

Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do.

The God of the Bible has nothing to do with the true Source of all existence; and if you find it impossible to love such a vile thing, it simply means that you are very likely sane.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit