Sister In "Pants" Carrying the Microphone--Brother in "Jeans" out in Service!

by Atlantis 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Click the image to enlarge.

Sister carrying microphone at Kingdom Hall in Pants!

Brother in Blue Jeans out in service.

Atlantis!
  • neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

What's this world coming to 🤣

Show this to most any other Christian group and they'd be like, 'Yeah, and your point is....?'

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

neat blue dog:

Yes, other religions wouldn't think two beans about it. But the Tower has always taught that these things were not proper.

Atlantis!

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    Brother in blue jeans out in service

---Gasp---

Sylvester Jr. shame - Imgflip

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

What I see is a sister wearing a dress with a high slit, along with what is likely leggings. She is also wearing something very frilly around her ankles and she is wearing high heels. There is thus nothing manly about her attire.

Regarding the brother in the other photo, though he is wearing blue pants his pants are probably slacks instead of jeans.

If I recall correctly, decades ago (in the 1970s or 1980s I think) the WT said that under certain circumstances (such as not enough qualified brothers) sometimes sisters were allowed to do some of the responsibilities of ministerial servants though they were not appointed as ministerial servants.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

These are interesting photos.

The pants the mic handler is wearing seem too bulky to be simply leggings - notice the bulkiness behind the slightly bent knee - they appear to be pants to me. The dress being worn over them makes this sort of a blend of the traditionally accepted and the taboo, perhaps a slight step in a new direction.

The light blue pants of the young man in service seem too bulky to be dress slacks too, again notice the bulkiness behind the knee. They appear to be jeans to me, but I can't be certain.

I remember the use of women too, where there were not enough men to do the basic duties, but you didn't have to be a ministerial servant to handle the microphones, at least not in the 2 congregations I was in.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Pharisees, Pharisees, wherefore art thou, Pharisees !

😀🍷🍷🍷

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

The photos were not clear enough to me for me be certain of some details about the leg coverings of the woman and the man.

I agree with you about the microphones. Microphone handling was my first assignment at the Kingdom Hall, and I started doing it before I became a ministerial servant.

• BettyHumpter
    BettyHumpter

It looks like a cramped conference room at a shitty Holiday Inn for a Dentist's conference.

It's strange to me how they never got the importance of architecture to the human psyche. I'm not talking about building a St. Peters. I mean many 'humble' protestant churches make an effort to be aesthetically pleasing and to convey the importance of what the believers feel the buildings purpose is.

I've had to go to my non-JW grandparents church on several occasions for weddings, funerals etc. Vaulted roof, but timber framed. Stained glass. A bit stuffy feeling, actually. But, even though i'm not a believer, it does give a certain feeling of permanence. I remember attending a cousin's wedding and thinking my grandparents were married in that same spot, and not only that, my grandmothers grandmother was married in that same spot.

A Kingdom Hall wedding or funeral may as well be taking place in conference room 3 at _____ Corp Inc.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Would never have happened at my old hall, mind you, it should have….

The first pic - Looking at the rest of the cong. it could well be in the Far East. So cultural differences could account for it. ( nice looking sister 😊)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit