Psychology: Sick of Elder Low tone slow paced talk

by Aprostate Exam 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Repeating things to elders in an even more slow and low tone than they are coming at me, especially when what I am saying is no doubt, infuriating......is one of my great joys in life.

But they don't come to my house anymore.

• Aprostate Exam
    Aprostate Exam
    That is right my brother.
  • HomebytheSea
    HomebytheSea
    It's the lowering the head, crossing the arms across the chest, taking a breath, like they're really thinking hard about a reply, and then speaking in a slow deliberate tone that drives me over the edge. It's so predictable, and it's aim is to make you feel like an idiot, so to mimic it in return is priceless!
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

HBTS: It's the lowering the head, crossing the arms across the chest, taking a breath, like they're really thinking hard about a reply ...

You forgot the stroking of the chin!

• stillin
    stillin

This reminds me of those "questions from readers" articles that I think it was sd7 used to dream up and post here. They were perfect in their pompous ness, their absolute wisdom and self-assured ness. You would swear that you were reading an excerpt from an old Awake magazine.

To preface something you might want to say with "the Faithful and Discrete Slave has always said that..." Will also turn many an ear. You must be well-read and informed!

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Eden

• HomebytheSea
    HomebytheSea
    Do they do return demonstrations @ elder's school & get signed off if they do "the elder stance" acceptably or do they pick it up by osmosis in the back room?
  • Doctor Who
    Doctor Who
    OMG! This was soooooooooo much fun! My sheep herding call went awesomely! I started off thanking them for their willing spirit to visit me. I made sure to keep eye contact with both of them. I spoke deliberately, slowly, and made darn sure they knew I was in charge. The call didn't last more than 15 minutes. I could tell they were VERY uncomfortable after 5 minutes! I don't think I will see either of them in the near future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit