Psychology: Sick of Elder Low tone slow paced talk

by Aprostate Exam 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

It's hard to do because you have to avoid contractions.

"don't you" becomes "do you not"

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

They do so because they intrinsically think they have the power of god within themselves.

They think they are carrying the holy sprit wherever they go and to whom they interact with. Of course the reality is they are under the scribed mental indoctrination by the Watchtower Publishing House.

• millie210
    millie210

OMG

I think this is the first thread where I have had to click LIKE on every post!

Had to!

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

LOL

That just reminded me of when, last year, I was first taken before two Elders for having written an article defending the heavenly hope as the only hope with scriptural backing. At some point nearing the end of that 5-hour debate-questioning the COBE took the conversation to where did I get those apostate ideas from.

So, he lowered a bit his head, looked at me from under those thick eyebrows and sunken, dark eye sockets, and, with a low, slow tone asked me as if he was about to disclose the secret existence of aliens among us:" Brother Eden ... are you awaaaare ... of the name ... Rayyyy-mond ... Franzzzzzz ...?"

To which I replied: "You mean, the former member of the Governing Body , nephew of Fred Franz, responsable for coordinating the Aid to The Bible Understanding, who wrote the book Crisis of Conscience after he was disfellowshiped? Yes, I'm aware of him." The COBE nearly had a cardiac arrest.

Eden

• Aprostate Exam
    Aprostate Exam
    Remember that they are battling with narcissism and may have the Napoleon little man syndrome, lol. Yes contractions can post up a speed bump. If you correct their negative speech, you can proceed to make them feel like an A##. For example if someone says: "Wouldn't you love to pet a lion?" Correct it by restating while answering? "Would you like to pet a lion?" Then answer with your thought. They tend to start many sentences with a negative connotation. Cheers
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Isn't it just easier to not talk to them at all?

Or to put it positively: It is easier to simply not talk to elders.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    I probably have missed reading a post of this but are the elders trained in their ministry school to deliberately talk slowly?
  • Aprostate Exam
    Aprostate Exam

In the Psych community, we are trained to speak slowly to our counterpart when necessary. These bastards use it all the time while they do their sham counseling. I guess the society showed them and passed it on. They use it to be-little people. True psychologist use it to create comfort and build up a productive conversation.

I love talking to you guys

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

"Do we not appreciate this new publication lovingly prepared by the faithful and discreet slave?"

(thunderous applause)

Responding in the affirmative actually says, "yes! we do NOT appreciate the new publication!" if you wanna be pedantic about it.

• Aprostate Exam
    Aprostate Exam
    We have to sweat the small stuff. If not, then there is no achievement. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit