More Kindness, Less Judgment

by compound complex 10 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

I am comforted by the realization that my little life has not been lived totally in vain. There's been a lot of good stuff come my way. Most of my mistakes were not life altering.

Certainly, I would have done some things differently: I would have erred more on the side of kindness rather than judgment; I would have fed and clothed those in need instead of wishing that, somehow, they would be warm and well fed; I would have used daily or given away those "special things" I owned (they wound up safe but useless in storage).

Although called a "man of God," I would have preached less and allowed the unlettered and ordinary man to teach me a thing or two about what is, truly, the "real life."

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Although called a "man of God," I would have preached less and allowed the unlettered and ordinary man to teach me a thing or two about what is, truly, the "real life."

Great line. I relate to that. Thanks.

• compound complex
    compound complex

You're welcome, scratchme1010.

Thanks for posting.

• LV101
    LV101

Love your humility, Coco. I agree about learning from others - my beloved Grandfather told me when I was a child to learn to listen -- everyone has something one can learn from. I've often reflected and wondered but think it's true.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, LV101.

Your grandfather's influence was such that you benefited by learning from others, and, by a few degrees of separation, we benefit also because you are here!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    I would have fed and clothed those in need instead of wishing that, somehow, they would be warm and well fed;

I still regret not supporting Bandaid and Liveaid over the Ethiopian famines. Still remember ignoring collecting boxes in shops because 'Jehovah will take care of that'. Ordinary people took care of it, people who put me to shame.

• LV101
    LV101

Coco -- You're too generous! Thank you.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

• Closer to Fine
    Closer to Fine

More kindness and less judgment. Those are certainly words to live by aren't they? You're a wise man, CoCo.

• zeb
    zeb

CC . A most intelligent posting.

Live long and prosper

• compound complex
    compound complex

. . . ignoring collecting boxes in shops because 'Jehovah will take care of that'. Ordinary people took care of it, people who put me to shame. -- Xanthippe

Thank you, X, for that reminder of where many of us once stood. Now, we try to make up for opportunities lost.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! -- LV101

Likewise, to you, LV, and everyone else!

Those are certainly words to live by aren't they? -- Closer to Fine

We're all working on that, CtF! Thanks.

Live long and prosper -- zeb

You, too, Z! May your day be free of incident.

Blessings and Peace, dear friends!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit