Billy Graham Dead

by Tara N Seals 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

"Elmer Gantry" was based on people like Aimee Semple McPherson and Billy Sunday, the first wave of populist preachers of the new media of radio. The book is fantastic, BTW.

• Captain Schmideo2
  • Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

Oh, then there is this...

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/history_lesson/2002/03/nixon_and_the_jews_again.html

"Whenever new Nixon tapes are released, the next-day stories invariably highlight the most outrageous tidbits, which typically include some anti-Jewish slurs. This go-round was no exception. Along with Nixon's apparently unserious threat to nuke Vietnam, reporters pounced on this 1972 exchange about Jews in the media between Nixon and the Rev. Billy Graham:

BG: This stranglehold has got to be broken or the country's going down the drain.

RN: You believe that?

BG: Yes, sir.

RN: Oh, boy. So do I. I can't ever say that, but I believe it.

BG: No, but if you get elected a second time, then we might be able to do something."

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Billy Graham played religion and politics to his own advantage and lived a comfortable if not luxurious lifestyle.

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

I can't believe there are people here who actually respect Billy Graham. If you were smart enough to lift the JW wool from your eyes then surely you should be able to see through a clown like him. It baffles me how people can be so deluded

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I didn't know he was still alive. Well, obviously he isn't now.

Proof that the scam of religion pays. I'm in the wrong game. I should become a religious scam artist if I want to earn loads of dosh.

want to buy my version of the Jesus myth anyone?

• Giordano
    Giordano

Graham was a a religious shit head. As he said, in the safety of his old age, he wouldn't have or supported many things like using a nuclear weapon on Vietnam.

But those of you longing to support his idiotic beliefs take heart...... he has been replaced by his shit head son.

The younger Graham, called by his father’s middle name, is known for his harsh words on Islam, gay marriage and the leaders of the Democratic Party. He says he does not care who he offends if he thinks he is right. He champions President Donald Trump and harnessed his followers to do the same. Most often, it is hard to imagine his words ever coming from the lips of his father. “President Obama doesn’t have any clue about the Christian faith,” Franklin told TIME during the 2016 presidential campaign. “That is why he gets behind these things that people have influenced him into, which is this big social agenda, and is to promote same sex marriage, homosexuality.”

http://time.com/5168972/billy-graham-dead-donald-trump/

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

The Spirit of the Lord was on Billy to lead many to repentance and faith.

• LV101
    LV101

You guys are hilarious -- thanks for the great comments that make me LOLOLOL!

These religious leaders must believe their magic they've spewed on and on or it shows the incredible power of Bible moolah. One lucrative business for sure!

• Tara N Seals
    Tara N Seals

Billy's message moved many to do the right thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit