• Tara N Seals
    Tara N Seals

He was 99.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Farewell to a great man of God.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Graham had a personal audience with many sitting US presidents, from Harry S. Truman to Barack Obama—12 consecutive presidents

• Tara N Seals
    Tara N Seals

Amen.

He never wavered in his commitment to Jesus of Nazareth.

No "new light" or "adjustments" in his sermons.

I remember rushing home from KH meetings on Thursday nights to catch his signature closing hymn:JUST AS I AM.

Truly, truly.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Farewell to a great rich man of God.

"Religion is a snare and a racket" ~ Judge Rutherford

Celebrity Worth- puts Billy Graham’s net worth at $25,000,000 making him among the richest fat cat religious persons in America- and mind you- this does NOT represent the MILLIONS of dollars in real estate which is owned by his Ministry- but given use to Billy Graham and his family…nice perks to be a Man of God!?

Some or many of the real estate assets of Billy and Franklin Graham, according to Forbes, are in fact owned by their religious organizations- that way- (this is the old flim flam trick) on paper- they look “less rich” . . .

Source: https://www.nolanchart.com/billy-franklin-graham-men-of-god-or-just-the-highest-paid-religious-ceos

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    He never wavered in his commitment to Jesus of Nazareth

Can we make a chart comparing Jesus's Wealth with Billy Graham's ?

• Tara N Seals
    Tara N Seals

Having riches and being a person of God need not be mutually exclusive.

The ladies of Luke 8, Nicodemus, Joseph of Arimathea, and Lydia, the seller of purple, are some examples.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

All of BG's riches are from his followers donations. Otherwise why would we bother.

Did Jesus take any donations from his followers ?

The persons you mentioned as rich in the Bible never amassed wealth from their preaching activities.

And of course, if BG had done any charitable deeds, I would commend him. Better than WT.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

The film pulls few punches in its story of the hypocrisy, materialism, and opportunism at the heart of the evangelical world of Bible-thumping barnstorming revival troupes

I think that Billy Graham played this great movie in real life.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Having riches and being a person of God need not be mutually exclusive.

And here I thought Jesus said: "You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

I think I still agree with Rutherford on one thing: "Religion is a snare and a racket!"

OK. TWO things: Religion is also a damn good business!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit