Today I got a review that left me scratching my head - what do you make of it?

by Brock Talon 36 Replies latest social entertainment

• Brock Talon
    Brock Talon

As a published author on Amazon, I'm used to getting negative reviews from time to time. It goes with the territory and I'm OK with it. Writing is an art form, so no art is liked by everyone. Got it.

But today, I got a review that left me scratching my head. I've never brought this kind of thing to this or any other forum before, but for this review, I'd like your take on it. Is this a review of my book, or every book or article ever written by an ex-Jehovah's Witness? Do you think the person who has written this can be helped? You see, this review made me sad. Sad for her and especially sad for her daughter.

This is it: Head scratching Amazon review of Escape From Paradise

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    Troll post, IMO. Worst spelling ever. No other reviews.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I see posts like that from Time to Time..

"I`m not a JW........But..............Let me tell you about JWs"..

.....................Image result for bullshit stamp

• JeffT
    JeffT

I agree. I think the writer is certainly not a native English speaker which doesn't help. I wouldn't worry about it.

PS Brock, I'm sending a PM.

• Brock Talon
    Brock Talon
    berrygerry, Yes, I noticed no other reviews by this person, but I just don't see this as a simple Troll post. My take on a typical Troll is that they post just to stir up trouble or discord for their amusement. I see this person as being sincere. That's what makes me sad actually.
  • Brock Talon
    Brock Talon
    Outlaw, yes, I noticed that too. We probably have hundreds of years of JW experience between us who have written these books and written supportive reviews of these books and written these articles, etc. and this lady's "5 years of study" with the JWs trumps that. She knows better than all of us. Sheesh.
  • disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

She sounds to me like she's had a few problems in life that the jdubs are actually helping her get over.

When I think back to how I felt as a jdub, I could never understand why evil apostates would bother getting riled up about 'the truth', it made sense to me, everything was scriptural, and I hadn't experienced or even heard of any harm coming from jdubland.

She's just fallen for the propaganda from some nice non judgemental jdubs.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I couldn't tell if this was a 'verified purchase' review. If it isn't then that speaks absolute volumes. If it is..........job's a goodun.

On a side note about non purchase reviews, I have a JW book on Amazon...if you wanna do a review swap, PM me. wink wink.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

If you think that is a bad review, you should read my work performance review👎.Which left me more than scratching my head.

The Rebel.

• KateWild
    KateWild

The spelling, punctuation, and grammar is poor. Plus she says everything is backed up by scripture......which it's not.

I feel sad for this person too. She has been duped by JWs as she is vulnerable.

Shame

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit