Update from Yizuman Part Three

by Yizuman 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie
    My purpose on this forum is GIVE - not get.

Thats why I like you and wont argue with you about Yiz :)

Brummie

Edited by - Brummie on 11 February 2003 19:16:57

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

In all honesty... I am growing weary of every time I log onto this forum there is always a new update regarding Yiz's condition. Before you flame me and accuse me of being heartless Newlight, I will tell you that I have one of the biggest hearst when it comes to people... especially those with disabilities.

I dont have a problem with people airing out their troubles and misfortunes in a public forum. In fact, one of the sweetest people I have meet here to date did just that. Without naming names, you all will know who I am talking about anyhow, this person was going through a VERY difficult time with relatives. There were 6 or 7 updates as to how things were going on in her life.

The differances between her and Yiz in this situation is that she was asking for moral support, the updates were just to let us know how things were progressing. These posts by Yiz seem to be ones that are asking for someone to take care of him. Please let me move in with you, please send me some money, please do all this research for me so all I have to do is just e-mail.

I'm sure you will come back at me with 2 replies. Are you or have you ever been disabled or depressed? The answer is no, I have never been disabled but yes I have suffered from depression and still do.

The next reply will be something to the effect of how poor Yiz cannot get on the internet now and how he cannot communicate with people outside of his home. This problem began for him about 2 months ago, or so? I am not saying that it is extremely easy for him to find a job but had he not been wasting time posting things such as "the smoking gun on Michael Jackson" and instead had actually used his time to find the assistance that is available through the Salvation Army, local churches, the city, the united way, and MANY other organizations... he might be in a better position than he is in now.

BTW

5. Well I guess that Yiz can just start walking every place he needs to go, even if it is 10 to 20 miles away from his home. Yeah Right.

Public Transportation, i.e. busses. People do it every day. In fact, the united way gives bus passes to disabled people to help them look for employment.

Eric

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Hey PR Capone...... amen brotha man

• Brummie
    Brummie
    In fact, the united way gives bus passes to disabled people to help them look for employment.

There is always a way to comminicate with the outside world! Remember how we all coped before there was such thing as "email" and the internet? the majority of the world does not have email so his life does not hang on the internet. Wonder if he walked to the library? If so he can still comminicate with the outside world. I think he's spinning you a yarn NL.

I do feel sorry for this guy but he doesnt need sympathy right now, he needs the ever forth coming kick up the ass.

Good post pr, though I think Yiz's smoking gun thread was a refreshing change of topic for him.

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Re: "Public Transportation, i.e. busses"

He claims to live in a small town with no bus service. From what I understand, the closest town is Anderson, which is about 30 minutes away by car. A small town does not usually offer much in the way of employment opportunities.

His sister has to pick him up in her car to take him to the library to do the research now. So that is NOT within walking distance. W/O email, communicating with his sister is made more difficult. That was why his internet conection was so important to him. It was his link to the outside world, like the telephone is for the hearing.

I don't believe anyone who finds themselves without transportation and no employement would apprieciate getting advice to get rid of the phone. But there were some on JWD who told Yiz to get rid of his internet access. It was to those ones, that my original post was addressed.

Also one cannot expect someone to devote their entire waking hours to solving the employment situation. One DOES need a little time to relax and try to get their mind off of their depressing situation.

NewLight2

• nita6368
    nita6368

Just a question, possibly this has been answered before: Why can't he move in with his sister? She seems willing to help him. Then possibly he would have access to phones, internet and such to find a job. You do what you've got to do, it would sure beat being on the street.

If all else fails he may have to move to one of those shelters in the bigger city until he can find a job.

As far as the internet, I have only had the internet for the past three years because of the extra cost and I work a full time job. The internet and telephones are a luxury not a necessity. We survived without them before. They do have a program in most areas where someone with disabilities can get their phone hooked up. Its called Link-Up I think.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Who knows whether Yizuman is a con artist or a person who is really in need of help?

No one.

I do know he asked for money the first time he appeared here so that makes me suspicious. I have no doubt that was his intent on joining this board from the very start.

You do the math.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Just a question, possibly this has been answered before: Why can't he move in with his sister? She seems willing to help him. Then possibly he would have access to phones, internet and such to find a job. You do what you've got to do, it would sure beat being on the street.

If all else fails he may have to move to one of those shelters in the bigger city until he can find a job.

He says that his sister is not in a position to take him in.

He says that he wont go to a shelter in the bigger city because the big cities scare him.

Who knows whether Yizuman is a con artist or a person who is really in need of help?

No one.

I do know he asked for money the first time he appeared here so that makes me suspicious. I have no doubt that was his intent on joining this board from the very start.

You do the math.

This is what it seems to be boiling down to. We just dont know him and before he really got to know any of us he is hitting us up for cash. I personaly wouldnt take someone I dont know into my home, no matter how bad their life has been. I also NEVER hand out money to people on the streets, one never knows what they are going to use that money for.

Also one cannot expect someone to devote their entire waking hours to solving the employment situation. One DOES need a little time to relax and try to get their mind off of their depressing situation
    I agree with you completely NL, one does need time to relax. Its called sleep. Someone in a situation as Yiz does not have the luxury of time on his side. Wether or not he needs to take his mind of his depressing situation, there are MORE important things that need IMMEDIATE attention. When he finds a place to live and work, hopefully get his car fixed... then and only then would be the appropriate time to take some time off and get his mind off of his situation.
  • teenyuck
    teenyuck

New Light--You really are a nice person...These are Yizuman's posts from 4 days after he registered on JWD....

His name is below; he lives just outside of Indianapolis....Indy is the same size as Columbus (where I live) and offers bus service 45 miles outside of the city.

Since 4 days after registering, he has held his hand out and outright asked for money and lodging.

pr said it pretty well.....

One thing that Yiz has never addressed is the "second account"....he has been asked many times and comes back with calling the person asking a troll....the thread below says alot.

Edited to add: sf pointed out that Yiz has been doing this begging routine for quite some time...

The cut-n-pastes are from this thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=41910&site=3

Financial Help.Dec 6, 200222:18

Master Member

United States of America
    Since: Dec 2, 2002
    hTKvOwfoCDx0x1uDGo2OFQ
    Hit my posting limit and am using my second account....

I don't know if anyone can help or not.

But I am in a desprate situation whereas I have to swallow my pride and seek out some help.

I am behind rent as well as my morgage ( I own a moble home on a lot rent).

Need food as well.

Phone needs to stay in service since I am deaf and need it as part my text communication for hopes of landing a better job. Sister can email me to let me know if a employer calls, so I can drive over and find out what's up from there.

I work at Wal-Mart and alot of us have our hours cut to 20+ hrs a week, so this is hurting me fianacially.

Job hunts is hard since I am deaf since most employers seems to prefer hiring a hearing person.

I know of a deaf friend who is unemployed and he went thru 20 job interviews in a month. None of them ever called or emailed him to say he got a job.

Family can't help since they all have their own problems to deal with.

I can post all the info you need if anyone needs it, such as my landlord's address and my morgage address if anyone wants to mail a check directly to them. I would think it would be safer to email my morgage account number since I don't know how exploitable that can be posting my morgage account number on this forum.

I don't know what else to do. I even tried modestneeds.org and nothing came out of it yet. This is very depressing right now for me.

Getting kicked out in the middle of winter is not going to be fun.

I will take any advice, suggestions that anyone may have.

A little bit of something could help.

Finally I checked my email and this is the message from my loan officer....I am very embarrassed to have to post this, but I got my direct deposit and the money has already gone to my landlord, I already gave him $100.00 plus others on utility bills. It's almost all gone and I won't get another direct deposit from work 2 weeks from this past Thursday...

"Just a reminder that we still need a FULL house payment from you by no
    later than next Friday, December 13th, or we'll have no alternatives
    other than to take possession of the house. This news comes directly
    from our "loan committee" and I have no control over your account any
    longer if it's this far past due. Be sure to have the full payment in
    by 12-13-02."

What can I do?

Yizuman
    Re: Financial Help.Dec 6, 200222:35

Master Member

United States of America
    hTKvOwfoCDx0x1uDGo2OFQ
    I don't know where you live or I could offer more tips. Most states have emergency provisions especially for people with "disabilities".

I live in Noblesville, Indiana

Re: Financial Help.Dec 6, 200223:05
    [ Profile Above ]hTKvOwfoCDx0x1uDGo2OFQIf this helps anybody, modestneeds.org got a new look and new web address and everything, so I am trying again.

My Ledger number is 20823.

If this helps anyone and if anyone can help me out with this, I would be thankful and do anything to pay it back once I find a better job.

Every little bit would help.

I am scared.

Yizuman
    Re: Financial Help.Dec 7, 200201:10

Master Member

United States of America
    hTKvOwfoCDx0x1uDGo2OFQ
    You can go to Catholic Charitys and they can give you a pass to your local food pantry.

If they don't have them your Township Office should have the vouchers for the food pantry.

Salvation Army is another good place to go...they may even have another part time job for you...as they employ many people in a neighboring city.

Since it is The Holiday season you Citys Township Office may even have an X-mas basket for you later this month....but they have to know about you

I'm a single Mom so I know what it's like to struggle but, some how we all make it through these tuff spots

I'll try the Catholic places.

Been to the Township office, got food from them before. Community action is helping with me with my gas fuel thing.

Didn't know much about how much help Salvation Army could do.

What I hope is that I can find a way to raise $179.80 for my morgage so I don't end up being evicted before the 13th, they will repocess(s?) my home.

I have no credit, so apartments around here will do a credit check and when they see I have no credit of any sorts, I won't be able to get an apartment. Once if I get evicted from my home, there's no way I can find a new place within 3 days.

Already gave what I had to some for rent and electric. Need to find a way to keep my phone from being disconnected since it's very important to keep my phone line open for emails to come in if any new job offers come in from all those applications I've put out. Plus as you know I can't hear the phone.

Re: Financial Help.Dec 7, 200206:02

Master Member

United States of America
    hTKvOwfoCDx0x1uDGo2OFQ
    Folks, I need to agree with Skeptic. I read the other threads started by this person's primary ID. There are two others from today and they have a completely different tone - and no hint of the trouble that seems to have suddenly burst onto Yiz' scene.

Ok, since I am a liar, call the directory at Metro Bank at this address 225 North Nineth Street, Noblesville, IN 46060 and ask for Syd Loomis. My name is Neal R. Scott, my address is 7424 E. 146th Street, Lot 26, Noblesville, IN 46060.

Metro Bank's phone number is 317-773-4871, you can verify the number through the directory.

You can call any legal authority for a background check. Email me and I'll give you my social security number. [email protected] (remove the nospams)

Come on down and visit me if you like to. I'll give you full access of anything you want. My bank account, anything you want. Everyone is invited to come down and check me out. I'll take you to my loan officer. I'll take you to my sister's house. I'll take you to where I work. You name it, you got it.

I am sorry I don't know about places for help. That's why I posted here asking for advice and suggestions and some kind folks gave them to me. Thank you.

I am sorry that I am posting here asking for helping and be subjected to attacks from people who don't know me as well as I don't know anyone here. I'm embarrassed as it is with my situation. I'm sorry.

Jesika knows me and she posts here and she knows full well of my situation. We're talking via email.

This is my last post on this thread and I won't bother anyone on this subject anymore. I'll do my best and with God's help I hope I can overcome my bad situation and life will go on.

I have 2 accounts registered here because of the posting limits on new threads and from what I understand from reading other threads, there's what? 20 replies limited on any thread? Correct me if I understood this to be wrong.

So how is it my tone from my other threads supposed to be? Is it supposed to be a continuation of negativity? Am I now allowed to try to keep a chin up on things despite of my bad situation? Am I not allow to have any fun and fellowship with fellow posters on this board?

You don't know me and I don't know you. Granted. I am sorry I am deaf. I am sorry that I am opening myself to all about my situation asking for advice, suggestions, etc. and subjecting myself to attacks.

I can't sell my computer because I need it for communication purposes. You are not deaf. I am deaf. I can't talk over the phone. I can't hear the phone. How am I suppose to find a new job if I don't have a email account for employers to contact me for an interview?

I have spoken about my financial situation on my very first thread if anybody even bothered to look....

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=41566&site=3

I am trying hard to get myself out of my bad financial situation and I am sorry it's not working out as all I hoped for.

What else can I say?

Like I said, I am opening myself 100% to anyone that wishes to fully examine me. Go ahead, please, you are most welcome to examine me as much as you like.

Despite of the flames and negativity I have receive from some posters doubting me, I'm not gonna let this get me down. As the kind Jesika had suggested to me a few days ago, I'm gonna try and keep my chin up as the best I can and I will continue to have fun having fellowship with this board.

So I am gonna have fun and keep my chin up and try my darnest to get myself out of my financial situation and pray hard since I still believe in God (despite of seeing some threads that have given up on God altogether) and will pray hard as much as I can.

Like I said, this is the last post on this thread and I'm not gonna come back to it nor do I wanna look at it, so flame on all you want, I'm not gonna read them anymore.

See you on some other threads and let's have fun.

Re: Financial Help.Dec 7, 200214:31

Supreme One

United Kingdom
    Since: Mar 23, 2000
    y9jqpSVuGLoInJ/gw3tHng
    Yizuman

People in the past have come on here and tried to solicit funds, hence the scepticism with your post.

In the short time that you have been online on these forums (just a few days) you have already decided to create duplicate accounts and insult me over something that I presume you know very little about:
    See Simon? See how your ego driven attitude has gotten you so far?
    Anyway, I can take it like a man when it comes to reading a post containing profanity. I don't gripe, jump up & down screaming like a cry baby like Simon does. I don't let it bother me.
    Simon is wrong and look at the moderation tag he has for himself, he calls himself the "Supreme One". There's ego being said here.

I'm not for censorship, but I sure dead am against Nazi like control in a message board. Especially when one like Simon who gets off on telling people how peeps like us should behave on a message board like this.

I play Everquest and I visit a Everquest EzBoard called The Safehouse. The censorship there is just as bad as I have ever seen. Total Nazi like control there.

So I have a preference to a board like the Necromancer Board which isn't a EzBoard, but there is no censorship at all.

Simon, you'll never win in a arguement like this and deleting their posts w/o informing the poster what was wrong. Reborn was willing to edit his own posts. That's a fair compromise. No, you had to be a jerk by deleting his post instead.

You won't win with total censorship with that ego attitude like yours.

Personally, I don't believe your story and would not send you money - for a start I find it hard to believe that a retailer is cutting back on hours at the beginning of the busiest period of the year, but that is only my opinion ... I am just an ego driven cry baby nazi jerk after all ...

If you are genuinely in financial difficulties then you should explore all the charities mentioned as they are in a better position to offer practical help.

Re: Financial Help.Dec 7, 200215:39

Emperor Class
    United States of America
    Since: Mar 16, 2001
    Q8dxfb9LtNAkoJ282Prcgg
    Yizuman,

I'm curious as to why you did not link your informative site for the others whom are deaf, as you are:

http://home.earthlink.net/~yizuman/

I see that you, uh, yahoo too.

Perhaps a chat sometime soon, yes?

It appears too, that you've been in 'this' dilema for sometime, with no 'relief' in sight. Perhaps that will change soon, for the better.

Welcome ABoard, sKally

Edited by - teenyuck on 12 February 2003 17:57:26

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

I understand the concern that many on this board feel regarding Yiz. I do not know if his plight is real or a ploy. But what concerns me is his depression. The point I'm trying to make is - Does it hurt anyone posting on this board to be nice to Yiz. Even if his story is made up, it still doesn't hurt anything to be NICE to him. No one likes to be insulted and called names.

For the sake of his depression - please do not post mean-spirited words of insult to Yiz. He has enough stress in his life right now.

If he is playing a game with us - what has anyone lost by being NICE to him anyway??

If his plight is real, being NICE to him will lift his spirits a bit, and we still have not lost anything.

NewLight2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit