Elder Lou Anguiano Ordered to Stand Trial

by Nathan Natas 23 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

http://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/news/stories/20030208/localnews/944157.html

Saturday, February 8, 2003

Trial ordered for Jehovah's elder

By Heidi Rowley
    Staff writer

A former Jehovah's Witnesses elder admitted to feeling "lust" toward a 12-year-old congregation member in a statement made to police last December.

Louis Anguiano, 38, made the statements to a Visalia police detective after the youth told police that Anguiano had groped and grabbed her.

Anguiano appeared in court Friday for a preliminary hearing in which Judge Ronn Couillard decided there was enough evidence for him to stand trial. Anguiano has pleaded innocent to the allegation of continuous sexual abuse.

The only witness to speak at the preliminary hearing was Mark Lopez, a Visalia police detective who interviewed the victim, her mother and Anguiano. Lopez said the youth told him about four incidents between the spring of 2001 and February 2002 of Anguiano making inappropriate displays of affection toward her.

The first time, Lopez said the youth told him, Anguiano attempted to put some money in the front of her underwear.

"She thought it was sexual," Lopez said.

Lopez said Anguiano told him they were playing a game, and he tried to put money in her pocket.

The victim also told Lopez that on another occasion when she was in the bathroom at Anguiano's home, he offered to brush her hair but was "bumping into" her buttocks with his pelvis.

Lopez said the victim and her mother believed Anguiano was "over-friendly" by buying things for her and taking excessive photographs. On one occasion, Lopez said, Anguiano bought the girl, who was 10 or 11 at the time, a pair of small, see-through thong underwear.

The girl's mother threw the underwear away.

In the final incident, early last year, Lopez said the girl told him she was in her bedroom when Anguiano walked in and asked her to dance.

When she wouldn't dance with him, he lifted her out of her chair and pulled her close.

Lopez said the girl's mother walked into the room and Anguiano left within a few minutes.

The investigator said Anguiano acknowledged that he had known the victim's family for several years through other Jehovah's Witnesses and that they were family friends.

"He said he liked to grab her buttocks and did it too much," Lopez said.

The interaction created tension between Anguiano, the family and the church and he was removed as an elder.

Lopez said Anguiano said he knew that his actions were wrong and even sent a letter apologizing to the family.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

This should read "former" elder. But I do wonder ... seems this guy still a JW in good standing!

hawk

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Lou was an elder when he found himself lusting for a 12 year old girl.

The second word of the article is "former". I'm sure people will figure it out.

• Buster
    Buster

This doesn't see to be a very extreme case. But I'm glad the girl's ordeal is heading to an end. I feel sorry that she will likely need t testify and also deal with repurcussions at the hall. I hope the bastard gets time.

I don't want to shift blame, but it reads to me like there is a bit more blame to go around. If some 38-year-old man gave my 11-year-old daughter see-thru thong underwear, I would have done something then - something much more extreme than throwing it away. Be assured of one thing, he would never have been in my daughter's room with a chance to pick her up for some close dancing.

• benext
    benext

Good to see she spoke up before this pervert's "lust" got out of control.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Nathan Natas,

thanks for the information. As it has been commented...

"he was an elder when all started..." Again another of

those " appointed", " blessed" and "helped by God's

spirit", thanks to the mighty WTBS Inc. !! I do

hope that he gets what he deserves - the sick and

pervert 'elder or former elder.

My thoughts are with the victim and the family,

who surely were asked , as usual, to hide the matter.

Greetings, J.C;MacHislopp

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

I wonder what some of these parents are thinking!They also need to be charged with child endangerment or abuse or whatever. I hear that the parents of the children that Michael Jackson molested are going to be charged also. What is wrong with parents??

• Downunderandout
    Downunderandout

Buster,

This does't seem to be a very extreme case.

So what do you classify as extreme? This child would have not doubt been conditioned to think that the elders are near god-like one of whom invades her space, innocence and trust!!!! All the while exercising his 'elder authority'!!!! How much more extreme do you want to get? Please remember this is a Child, trusting and innocent.

Any improper behaviour towards a child is extreme in my book.

DUO

• Buster
    Buster

Downunder,

I suppose I could have predicted that statement would ruffle a feather or two. But don't get me wrong, I am not minimizing this case or somehow shrugging.

Nonetheless, if you want to see what I mean by 'an extreme case' then go read some of the serious cases available at the SilentLambs site. Read Jessika's story. Spend some time with your state's social workers - yup, go ahead, take in a foster child from a home where the sexual abuse was actually extreme - I have. Go ahead and adopt a child from such a family - deal with the courts, social workers, other foster homes, and the abusive parents themselves. I have. Give it a try and see what that does to your sense of the extreme.

- Cliff

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

what was all those wt's i read in the last few years,,,, that THE ELDERS ARE APOINTED BY THE HOLY SPRIT..... APOINTED BY WHO????? THE GOD IN BROOKLYN, SAYS THE HOLY SPRIT..... WHO???? HOLY SPRIT.... ALL JW LERKERS HERE .... your punishment from god is to write 1000 times .... jw elders are apointed by the HOLY SPRIT..... THAT ASSIGNMENT WILL BE DO BY TOMORROW.... Buster i see your point. let all here praise god god that it did not go any further.... so it seems now like the holy sprit is working through the superior authorites..... sounds like god is sick and tierd of these churches ,, using his name in vain.... i.m waiting for this girl and family to get df'ed i say one year give or take a month.... i got a six pack on that.... what are the odds.... john

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit