A riddle ....for you smart bastards!

by gumby 30 Replies latest social humour

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Room $30.00

Refund $5.00

Should have been $25.00 for the room.

Bellhop keeps $2.00 for self, leaving $3.00 the refund of $5.00. Add them together, you get $30.00.

It's neat how that was written, but the that elusive $1 was there all along.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Gumby it didn't take a smart bastard to figure it out. A bastard with a 5th grade education could have solved this riddle

Love ya,

Robyn

• obiwan
    obiwan

I knew I shouldn't have fallen alseep during math class.

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

If it was a hotel that could sleep three men for $27, I'm thinking the extra $1 went for roach and delousing spray.

Hmmm

• riz
    riz

@ Hmmm

perhaps it was an hourly rate....

• shera
    shera

Heheh!

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Why are three men checking into one hotel room?

Expatbrit

• Sargon
    Sargon

The three men must have been dubs.

Who else would have to be forced into tipping??

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Why are three men checking into one hotel room?

They're Michael Jackson's entourage.

• Farkel
    Farkel

What happened to the other dollar? Here's what happened to the other dollar:

After the three men checked into the room, two women signed up for a room. The clerk again mistakenly told them the room was $30 for the night, so each woman paid $15. Shortly, the clerk again realized his mistake, and called his helper to return $5 to the women. The helper got a little more greedy this time and decided to keep three dollars for himself.

So, he gave one dollar to each woman. Therefore, each woman paid $14 for the room, and the bellhop kept three dollars. 14 + 14 + 3 =31!

THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED TO THE OTHER DOLLAR!

Seriously, you are subtracting in one instance and adding in the other. That's the logical flaw in the little puzzle. You can add to proof or subtract to prove, but not both at the same time.

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 10 February 2003 14:36:15

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit